Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it game over regarding the play-offs

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
How can it be over!! It's still in our hands!

Get some wins against the other teams around us, and we can still do this.

This is Brighton & Hove Albion, our season goes to the last game :albion2:

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Yep it's mr POYETS who's negative tactics that has blown it,he needs to work this out as its to easy for the opposition in away games.I just wanted gus to say fu-k it and go for it,but he gets worse.

Get a grip negative tactics from nearly the foot of league 1 to possibly prem
If that's so negative bring it on

It's game over when it's mathematically impossible to get into the play-offs, it really is that simple. We're still 6th FFS, this is the kind of question Leeds should be asking themselves.

I'm not being a pessimist when I mention that whatever the outcome of the Middlesborough Cardiff match, we will drop to 7th.

I've held the belief that we are, looking at the top teams now and the fixtures ahead - the team least likely to end the season in playoffs. A few moments conspired to see us drop points during the season, and the fates point rather less favourably for The Albion now.

Hope though, is the last thing to fade.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Reading will slaughter us and West ham will show gus for what he is.......
That's the spirit. that is why we support our team,we always know they will lose. Masochists United :) Find another club to support please.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The BBC report says the result keeps Burnley's play-off hopes alive, i dunno what that makes ours then!

The BBC Report sounded just about the worst one I have ever read. How did the classy Willie Irvine ever put up with Burnley?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It would take something quite extraordinary to make the play offs now ... a run of form better than we've seen all season.

On to next season, learn from this years exploits, add 3 or 4 players, up the tempo a bit and who knows?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have thought almost all season that we have been playing well above ourselves, but that promotion after just one season in the Championship was going to be a step too far. Given the games left I think we will miss out on the playoffs, if only becaise our record against teams in the top ten is not good enough to sustain a challenge - alnd I don't think we are actually good enough (also if we did actually go up we would be annihilated next season by most Premiershit teams - see Liverpool result and thr fact that we keep dropping points to teams we "ought" to be beating given our current position - Burnley for example).

However I can't complain about anything else this season given the results and the fact we have spent virtually the entire time in the top half. I'm simply happy that we are no longer struggling for scraps at the bottom of League 1. Maybe we are at last better than I give them credit for (although we have a long and honourable record of screwing it up just when it was potentially looking good).

And I have have no issues at all with the management or the tactics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here