Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Hurzeler out of his depth?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Brilliant result but if we are being totally honest it does paper over the cracks slightly.

First half we were totally over ran and didn’t adapt to deal with it, you have to also question some of the changes, Baleba coming off in particular was a strange one and seemed to allow Spurs into it for the last 15 mins.

Very much early days, but would be foolish to allow a fantastic 45 mins to not allow us to question some of the flaws in the Chelsea performance and first 45 mins this afternoon.

I hope he can adapt and we can adapt accordingly, not very often will you go 2-0 down and still win the game.

I think that's the second time we've done it in the last 80 PL games. 3 guesses who the last one was against.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I go to football, or if abroad watch on TV, to be entertained. Fabian is entertaining me and I stand by my opinion that we hit a perfect Chelsea storm last week when everything they hit went in. They were caught offside loads of times and that is taken as a negative by many on here but it isn’t because it worked. Palmer had the best 45 mins he’ll ever have in his career imo.

Today was a rollercoaster but it turned out to be absolutely f***ing brilliant. Much more brilliant than a CH, everyone behind the ball 0-0 at Wolves that stank the PL out for me :shrug:

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Unbelievable

We have just beaten a top 7 Club 3:2 and are 6th place after 7 matches.

Yes the first half was shite and our tactics has been a work in progress but seriously a thread asking a leading question whether FH is ‘out of his depth’ after a second half and win like that 😳

WE BEAT SPURS. Did we expect to?

And not one positive comment about him in response to my post on the Fabian Hürzeler thread.

Trust NSC half glass moaners to piss on the fireworks.🙂

Last edited:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I get the feeling he learnt a lot today.
Must remember he's young and still learning, and a lot of our squad are still settling in.
We may be critical, but we're 6th FFS... 6th and we know we can be better than we have been.
In the first 7 matches we've played 4 of the big 6 too!
And missing JPVH, O’Reilly and Pedro. That’s 3 massive players.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

First half we were totally over ran and didn’t adapt to deal with it, you have to also question some of the changes, Baleba coming off in particular was a strange one and seemed to allow Spurs into it for the last 15 mins.

I'm guessing this is a work load thing as much as anything. He has quickly become an integral part of the Cameroon side and is likely to play two full matches over the international break. He is still only 20 (and only a year older than Hinshelwood).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Brilliant result but if we are being totally honest it does paper over the cracks slightly.

Very much early days, but would be foolish to allow a fantastic 45 mins to not allow us to question some of the flaws in the Chelsea performance and first 45 mins this afternoon.

I hope he can adapt and we can adapt accordingly, not very often will you go 2-0 down and still win the game.

Paper over the cracks.............we are sixth!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
6th and we have played 2 of the top four already.

Not a bad start if you ask me. And things will improve from here I believe.

Another not while watching the game: hurtz' coach patted him on the chest, as if you give him the credit for that turn around. 'you did that boss'.

There will be ups and downs and we'll cop some hammerings from time to time but we are in good hands. I am very excited to see how Hurtzball develops.

#fuckdefending

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m still trying to fully understand the tactics BUT this is helped by Hürzeler often explaining what he is trying to do. I have not heard this from a manager since Coppell left. It’s very refreshing.

It’s clear he knows what he wants, he’s a smart guy who is clearly also willing to learn.

I had some doubts but listening to him, his reasoning and explanations for things, he knows what he’s doing….I’m on board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here