Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Holroyd sh*t? Another Davies/Dickinson?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Charlie Austin made his debut for swindon in october 24th (wikipedia). He has made 22 appearances (19 starts).

Holroyd has made 7 appearances (2 starts). His total field time is 3 matches. To expect him to be at Austin's level already is, frankly, ridiculous.

Southseagull

Apr 19, 2009
Give the lad a chance.

My only concern is that he has been brought in as one for the future yet we have other young players who have been at the club for a number of years who haven't had an opportunity.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Are you a personal friend?

the guy is clearly out of his depth, and untill he can prove he isnt, then yes, fans will call for his head, especially when he comes on before Forster

You're an utter MORON. He has started TWO games you f***ing cretin.

I love the way that Dickinson is now some sort of God because he has scored two goals for P'Boro, despite the fact that he is one of the most appalling lumps of horseshit I have ever witnessed in a Brighton shirt and people have forgotten that he played appallingly, embarrassingly appallingly, in about 70% of his games for us. Holroyd, on the other hand, hasn't scored in TWO starts and is all of a sudden useless. NSC really is a house of shit sometimes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I take it "cretin" is the word of the week? It's suddenly been used a lot this weekend.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
You're an utter MORON. He has started TWO games you f***ing cretin.

I love the way that Dickinson is now some sort of God because he has scored two goals for P'Boro, despite the fact that he is one of the most appalling lumps of horseshit I have ever witnessed in a Brighton shirt and people have forgotten that he played appallingly, embarrassingly appallingly, in about 70% of his games for us. Holroyd, on the other hand, hasn't scored in TWO starts and is all of a sudden useless. NSC really is a house of shit sometimes.

Im not sucking Dickinson off and begging Poyet to play him, all im saying is, he has look out of his depth so far, give him some reserve games or something, bang a few in and get his confidence up, sometimes in situations like Swindon, and Colchester, you need experience over pace.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
We've spent more money on players than i've ever known the albion to since i've followed them and alot of them have not really worked out if this season is anything to go by.
Jake Wright £100k
Dicko £300k
Jimmy Mac £125k (Has been unlucky)
Holroyd £100k ?

This is alot of money to be throwing at players who aren't performing/in the team.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tunnicliff 150k?

Davies 75k?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Smith was a freebie thank god.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Smith was free, thank f***, wanted to like him, but he couldnt settle, i mean, from what i hear...he is playing very well up in Scotland..
Holroyd was 30k

and i have hope for Tunnicliffe

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Davies was 50k,
Holroyd was 60k
dickenson was 100k with extras
don't know what the others were but seems to me you're just making it up anyway so I'd divide your figures by a chicken..

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
which is more cretinous having an opinion on afootballer or having nothing to offer than insults.

Part Vole

Ay up Duck
Sep 28, 2009
Staffs Moorlands
To be honest I agree, he simply hasn't looked like scoring and its not as if he hasn't had the chance, I would SERIOUSLY rather have Craig Davies here missing sitter after sitter than Holroyd who runs around lots but actually hasn't produced squat in front of goal, sorry but its true. There is loads of great talent below the football league, Austin and Beckford two great examples, unfortunately we seem to have missed once again.

FFS, I've heard it all now. :facepalm:

The argument for that is to miss sitters you must get into position to have a pop does Holdroyd or rather is he given the ball in those positions.

If you have 1 chance you can only score 1 goal if you make 10 chances who knows.

I tend to agree with BG, having watched Davies numerous times for the Vale this season he does miss an awful lot, but he also creates many of the chances himself and worries defenders with his pace, so despite not scoring many he's been worth his place in the team.

Overall, he's been well-worth taking on loan and I think Micky would have him here again next season if he's surplus at Albion, and we could get him on a free (if he'd a pay cut too). :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where does this 'Murray is shit in the air' come from did you see how many times he got above the Swindon beanpole to win a clearance from the defence but nobody was following up to pick up the loose ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here