Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Holroyd sh*t? Another Davies/Dickinson?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He has come up from non-league and been fairly impressive in my view. With 5 Sub appearances against the likes of Norwich and Charlton we can only realistically expect the effort he has put in.

His pace off the bench is an asset and maybe with Gary Hart getting older we need that type of player. The next Gary Hart? maybe, albeit minus the goals. Let's just let him develop and give him a go next year. He will probably never be a starter, but at Championship, League 1 and 2 level, Holroyd will be able to come off the bench and use his pace to our advantage.

In my mind our midfield need to adapt to how he plays and give him balls to get in behind the defence. He is at least better than Fleetwood- and remember how hyped he was when he was at Charlton.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This forum is fantastic. :lolol:

"Is Holroyd sh*t?". Classic wind up, top quality fishing. Surely no one can genuinely believe you can judge a young player stepping up from non-league into an under performing team who aren't creating goal scoring chances?! People talk about Charlie Austin, it doesn't half help that Swindon create him several chances every game.... Our biggest problem is we aren't very creative at the moment.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

"Is Holroyd sh*t?". Classic wind up, top quality fishing. Surely no one can genuinely believe you can judge a young player stepping up from non-league into an under performing team who aren't creating goal scoring chances?! People talk about Charlie Austin, it doesn't half help that Swindon create him several chances every game.... Our biggest problem is we aren't very creative at the moment.

+1 :smile:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
YESSSSSS....lets crucify another young player just starting on his career.

That Poyet knows absolutely f*** all about players...he hasn't a clue.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

you'd think it was a wind up but half the time these threads are not! as I said.....we have alot of Morons supporting our club!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry Dave, but if Poyet brings him on ahead of Forster then he's deserving of full scrutiny. Not the player's fault, but that's how it is.

But we don't know if Forster is fit? It may be that the manager wanted a bit more pace up front....Holroyd is certainly faster that Forster.....he hasn't played that many games recently whereas Holroyd has.

trouble is we can all speculate, but none of us know.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For the record, he has made 7 appearances (two starts and five subs) which total 277 minutes, just over 3 complete games.

Coming up from non-league to us is going to take a while to get into things. Charlie Austin may have come from lower and been banging them in, but he has played a heck of a lot more games at this level.

I'm with BensGrandad on this, Gus should be easing him in, not hanging him out him when we're chasing the game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps we are being too critical , fans of a certain age know the benchmark for a successful striker plucked from non league. To be honest , Davies only scored yesterday as it was from the penalty spot and on the highlights looked like he was going to fluff his shot anyway before being fouled. I will wait until Saturday before passing any further judgement on Holroyd's ability.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Bringing on the non league lad who hasn't scored for us yet instead of our top scorer the previous few seasons and is supremely experience at this level and higher was a mistake. The game on monday night was also crying out for fozzie but no holroyd was preferred. By not offering our main goal getter a contract, we promoted our non league striker to our no2 striker when surely forster and dickinson is better than him. Next season we shall decide on Holroyd but for this season we need forster and dickinson. id he can do it for peterborough in the championship, he can do it for us

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Nappy thrower: you're thread sucks.It really does. Holroyd has played a few games and shown some nice touches and play. Get behind him and don't crucify him. Bloody hell! I would love to comment on the job you do.Whatever you do... How would you feel if I thought after three weeks or so at your new job i thought you were shit and made you fully aware of it...well?? Just my point. If you don't respect it you are clearly an attention seeking fool. Peace x

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Poyet is making life very difficult for Holdroyd by selecting him rather than Forster at a crucial time for the club,it is obvious that with his experience and goal scoring record Forster must be used as a sub.

Olliebha

Jan 17, 2010
Brighton
We need a striker and Holroyd was the only cheap player avalible to us, personly I think that Fozzie is too old and brings noting to the game like Murray does. If Dickinson wasn't such a c*ck I'd have him over both off them anyday. Hart and Forster's contracts won't be renewed and Dicko will be sold, I also expect Holroyd to go out on loan.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Been a while since a good witch hunt on here.

He has pace and after his 1st game people were raving about him so what has changed? Personally feel he should be bit more greedy in front of goal but he is very promising and I'll go with what Poyet and the coaching staff think is best.

The boy needs to adjust to the league that he is now playing in, at the end of the day if we were in a position to pay £1m plus for a striker then yes I would expect him to be banging the ball in the back of the onion net on a regular basis, only time will tell.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Holroyd has come from the Conference, Division 5, and should be able to step up reasonably quickly to Division 3. Codner and Bissett didn't take too long to settle into Div 2 from the Conference.
Meanwhile Austin has successfully made a big leap from the Wessex League.
4 home goals by BHA in the last 9 games is dire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here