Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gustavo Poyet our best manager of all time.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I know we have had some good' uns but surely for what he has done in such a short space of time puts him there for me. He has us playing the best football we have ever played and has helped us attract serious names.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Put it this way. If it carries on like this, I think there'll be a statue of him outside the Amex in the future....

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
A statue !!!! Oh yes please !!! I'll spend my days kneeling before it !!!!!! Gus poyet my lord !!!!!!!

Sorry !!! Bored - no football Saturday !!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think he might not just be our best manager of all time. I think he might be THE best manager of all time.

4 serious.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes. I was thinking about this earlier - no-one will be able to replace him when he goes. I can't imagine watching Brighton again kicking the ball into channels, long clearances from the back, being shite - actually I can imagine it, and it depresses me :(

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
For me it's still too early in Gus's career to say that he is the "best".

Mullery saw us promoted to the old division one and kept us there. McGhee did a fantastic job and the achievement of staying in the Championship with little to no money was massive.

I still like Coppell he so nearly kept us in the Championship for that second season, he never moaned just got on with the job and was tactially fantastic.

I have a couple of questions marks on Gus, if he doesn't like you your out as was the case with Forster and Cox and at present he does seem to be overlooking the defensive positions, I'd like to see a Centre Half and Goalkeeper come in and not just attackers as is the case.

I'm not taking anything away from Gus the stats say it all but maybe ask the question again in May.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would take issue with if he doesnt like you then your out,,,,both Forster and Cox were shit stirring trouble makers. Id call that good managment.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Brady
Adams#1
Gus

Taylor was good and has bags of quality but he didn't have to a fight, Adams had already won it. Taylor just kept it going then quit when there was no post-promotion budget.

Brady give the club a new foundation and youth academy.

it took those two and the new ground to give Gus the environment to work his magic.

In two years I'd hope to put Gus as 1 then Brady, then Micky#1

It was also great to see Barry Lloyd as a scout, he kept us going for a long time and found some great players over the years.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I would take issue with if he doesnt like you then your out,,,,both Forster and Cox were shit stirring trouble makers. Id call that good managment.
Wouldn't good management be to sit them down and ensure that they tow the party line and not just cold shoulder them and totally freeze them out. At the time they where both an important part of the squad and good players in a poor side.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Wouldn't good management be to sit them down and ensure that they tow the party line and not just cold shoulder them and totally freeze them out. At the time they where both an important part of the squad and good players in a poor side.

You're presupposing you know what actually happened in these cases, which none of us do.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
put it this way, has any manager taken over a team and advanced the whole club in such a way that he has, and there is more to come

Granted money has helped

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here