Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus safe?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think you are right. Its his stubborness that infuriates me. Tactically we are miles off. I doubt other teams bother to have us watched, as they know what to expect. We really need to mix our style up a bit.

Our summer transfers were all wrong. We had a healthy budget and the priority was not to get turned over. Instead we spunked nearly all our transfer on CMS. Now i love the player, but he is the icing on the cake. That money should have gone on full backs and midfield and we should have kept Murray.

If Gus doesnt go out and get at least a keeper, a full back and a midfielder, then i really do think we will be in a relegation fight.

Everyone thinks i'm anti Poyet. Im not, there is nothing I want more than for Poyet to turn things around. But his total stubborness to adapt styles against different opposition and his total believe that he is so right and everyone else is so wrong. His attitude stinks quiet frankly and anyone that says it does not rub off on the players. I'm sorry I just don't believe it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
To be fair, is it really "f***ing rubbish"? We're on a four game losing streak, we got beaten comfortably by the bottom team in the division, Gus just needs to stop being so stubborn and play a way which might not be as pretty, but get us results

The way we play isn't exactly pretty.

Oct 25, 2003
i think some people are struggling to understand the concept of what being a mid table team involves

we'll go on good runs, we'll go on bad runs....we'll beat teams that are better than us and we'll lose to teams that are worse than us

get over it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's Steve Coppell up to these days?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
As said on another post

Tony Bloom must now stand by Gus and financially back him in the January Transfer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i think some people are struggling to understand the concept of what being a mid table team involves

we'll go on good runs, we'll go on bad runs....we'll beat teams that are better than us and we'll lose to teams that are worse than us

get over it

Agree. Let's hope Gus gets some players who can make us a mid-table team.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Like I said on the other thread, I quite like these threads because it lets you know who the dickheads are

Exactly. Some people are so so fickle. Look at the amount of injuries and suspensions we had today. Gus will rectify this in January.

Thank god Tony Bloom is not as stupid as some of the people on here

Just back from the game - I live locally in Bedworth. This was an abject performance with little drive or passion. We looked better once Buckley and Lua Lua came on but, again, our distribution and final ball was poor. Our execution throughout the game was poor. I think that is the first time I have not clapped the team as they left the field.

Let's put this into perspective, Coventry were poor. We were poor. We are missing a keeper (Angers was definitely at fault for the 2nd), we miss a midfielder who can control a game and we miss a striker who can score. This to me, and I suspect by many, is obvious. This was a winnable game.

We lack pace and quickness of thought as too often, our midfield slowed it down and they did not support CMS and Paynter adequately. Coventry had a game plan and worked hard for each other. They got men behind the ball when required as were they incisive when required. However, they were still poor.

We also have a problem with referees and the club need to sort it out. This must (MUST) come from Gus as he should lead by example. We picked up two bookings because of our past. Simple.

All in all, we have a lot to sort out. No goals in four games (and we didn't really look like scoring today), four defeats on the bounce and with tough games ahead. We have the players to do it but we are not playing to our strengths. I think the belief has deserted us.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Consolidation or a top ten finish should be possible with this sqaud if all of them are available. We can all pick teams we would honestly expect to lose against, i.e Saints, West Ham, Boro etc. Today was just unacceptable. We lost to a bottom 3 side today, We Play Bristol City in a couple of weeks who have improved massively. Right now, as it stands, we can't rely on the fact that there a 3 teams who are worse than us at the moment. With the money that has been spent, a relegation battle is not acceptable. We are not at Withdean anymore trying to play in the Championship with players stolen, begged or obtained on a free transfer.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He can moan about suspensions, but he has taught them to play like that. He needs to understand that he isn't always right and he needs to sort it out as quick as possible.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I lost a huge amount of respect for him when he left the side line during the Burnley game. Seriously, who does that?

I think he has lost it due to a number of reasons not just results.

- Suarez
- Style
- Paynter
- Not keeping Harper
- Going home quotes
- Leaving side line

He is a inexperienced manager, who at the moment, believes his methods are right for this club when it does not appear so.

We will not get relegated but the rest of the season is not going to be pretty unless players come back and signings are made.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Gus is who he is.

Last season was without a shadow of a doubt the best football I've ever seen played from any BHA side in the last 37 years, which is my history.

I fully appreciate that was last year and not now, and I'm just as disappointed with the way that things are currently going.

However, to call Gus's position now is bloody ridiculous.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Gus is who he is.

Last season was without a shadow of a doubt the best football I've ever seen played from any BHA side in the last 37 years, which is my history.

I fully appreciate that was last year and not now, and I'm just as disappointed with the way that things are currently going.

However, to call Gus's position now is bloody ridiculous.

Agreed. Or THIS. which ever people choose to understand.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
As said on another post

Tony Bloom must now stand by Gus and financially back him in the January Transfer.

I wouldn't trust Gus to buy a sandwich let alone spend £M more in the January transfer window.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
What an absolutely stupid thread, why would Gus want to walk from perhaps the most interesting and possibly productive period in the clubs history.

New stadium, new training facility and probable capacity expansion

He may be pushed before he walks. Are you happy with the way things are going?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here