Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is CMS just huff and puff?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
It pains me to say it, but overall he has been a disappointment. Yes, his work rate is tremendous. Yes, in some games the service hasn't been great. But he's had a hatful of chances in recent games and his finishing has been less than what you would expect from a £2.5m striker. Saying that, it's too early to write him off - he seems a great bloke on and off the pitch and I hope he comes good.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No ,not just a huff and puff merchant,but is he worth £2.5m. ? Jury is out for me,but it has to be said,we are not playing to his strengths.
Should have put a few more away than he has done though!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No ,not just a huff and puff merchant,but is he worth £2.5m. ? Jury is out for me,but it has to be said,we are not playing to his strengths.
Should have put a few more away than he has done though!

So good I said it twice!!!

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Think without his work rate/goals we would be looking down in the league table rather than up (hopefully)
He will be an Albion legend, if we can hang onto him.

Dandyman

In London village.
Interesting that most of us seem to agree that CMS is being starved of service and that playing one up front is not paying dividends.

Is January the opportunity to find another striker or does the team just need re-jigging to ensure that someone plays off the front man ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully he will get his scoring boots on very soon even if it is against Wrexham and that will raise his confidence and he will go on to have a very good 2nd half of the season.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It pains me to say it, but overall he has been a disappointment. Yes, his work rate is tremendous. Yes, in some games the service hasn't been great. But he's had a hatful of chances in recent games and his finishing has been less than what you would expect from a £2.5m striker. Saying that, it's too early to write him off - he seems a great bloke on and off the pitch and I hope he comes good.

He is a great bloke and who can argue he ever gives less than 100%.

Sadly, he is a striker and his problem, to me, seems to be that he has to create his own chances most of the time and by the time he has carried the ball that 40 yards, weaving or whatever, and no-one nearby to help, he is not then at his sharpest to actually 'strike' . Alternatively, he is on the end of a ball rapidly going away from him at an angle where he has no chance of finishing.

God, I hope we can keep him !

Last edited:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
CMS reminds me of my current sex life.

We all know how good he is given a decent partner, but at the moment he's assisting himself too much for his own good.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Best player we have by a long, long way - If the other players could actually get a decent ball through to him........

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Hopefully he will get his scoring boots on very soon even if it is against Wrexham and that will raise his confidence and he will go on to have a very good 2nd half of the season.

I think your missing the overall problem. Nothing wrong with CMS apart from service and a strike partner.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He is a great bloke and who can argue he ever gives less than 100%.

Sadly, he is a striker and his problem, to me, seems to be that he has to create his own chances most of the time and by the time he has carried the ball that 40 yards, weaving or whatever, and no-one nearby to help, he is not then at his sharpest to actually 'strike' . Alternatively, he is on the end of a ball rapidly going away from him at an angle where he has no chance of finishing.

God, I hope we can keep him !
All of this. Seconded :clap: :albion2:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
He was worth every penny we paid for him,does the work of two men,at Reading he chased a ball giving the Reading defender a 3 yard start...and still got to the ball,get a Boyd type ploayer and he will be banging them in again.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Best player we have by a long, long way - If the other players could actually get a decent ball through to him........

Sorry GG, but were you at the game yesterday? He had some great balls into him (especially once Noone came on) and missed two absolute sitters in the 2nd half. As I said further up, he's a great bloke who contributes a hulluva lot on the pitch, but as Greer said, 'goals change games'. CMS is not scoring goals at the moment and that's primarily what we spent £2.5m for. His track recrd suggests its a problem of form rather than quality, so let's hope he starts delivering soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here