Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is CMS just huff and puff?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Does CMS justify his 2.5M price tag or is he just a huff and puff merchant without any real quality?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
you fishing or just a moron? ??? :albion2:

I see the NSC clowns have arrived without the intellect to post a normal response!! Yes that includes you moggy!!!

I havent offered my personal view here, i have simply just asked a question.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Does CMS justify his 2.5M price tag or is he just a huff and puff merchant without any real quality?

I would advise you to watch the two goals he scored against Leeds again, and then come back and say that he doesn't have any quality. Also, have a look at the movement for the winner against Sunderland. The boy is class, and more goals will come.

He is also our leading assists provider this season, is he not? Further reason to suggest he is FAR more than a 'huff and puff merchant'.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I see the NSC clowns have arrived without the intellect to post a normal response!! Yes that includes you moggy!!!

I havent offered my personal view here, i have simply just asked a question.
It was the response it deserved. Plenty of us have the intellect to explain what CMS brings to the club and why. To even think about having to do so is ridiculous and insulting to him, frankly :dunce: :albion2:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
No, you're talking Shit. Big difference.

Sent by yolk folk

amazing how a simple question, just cannot be given a sensible response.

Ok I will give my opinion - I think we havent seen the best from CMS because he plays alone up front and that doesnt play to his strengths. He desperately needs another striker to partner him as he had at peterborough and i personally believe the goals will come. I think his energy is amazing and that would be turned into goals if we played with 2 up front. I have never enjoyed seeing 1 up front especially at home!!

Do I think he's worth 2.5M? - every f++king penny if we use him correctly!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It was the response it deserved. Plenty of us have the intellect to explain what CMS brings to the club and why. To even think about having to do so is ridiculous and insulting to him, frankly :dunce: :albion2:

Its not insulting at all!! Its just a point of view amonst supporters. Just because a question was asked it doesnt mean the OP thinks that to be true.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You can't argue with his work rate, but for 2.5million you would expect better finishing, I don't buy the no service arguments because he still creates chances, but he doesn't put them away.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Leicester away - missed open goal from 2 yards
Barnsley at home - missed one on one, Harley tucked away rebound
Coventry at home - missed one on one, defender tucked away rebound
Reading away - missed simple chance 4 yards out at backpost with keeper out of position, then missed target with header from 6 yards

Needs to find his shooting boots. Having said that, excellent work against Forest (assist) and Derby/Leeds have won us points alone, but he needs to up his game in the second half of the season to ensure we don't get sucked into a relegation battle

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I love CMS, his workrate and his all round attitude. That said, he has missed howlers this season that have cost us points, howlers that if, the less popular, Paynter and Barnes had missed they would have been vilified, abused and hounded on NSC. I'm not saying we should heap abuse on CMS but £2m should buy you a striker who changes games and who, on a bad day, scores with the one chance he gets. I think he will come good and desperately needs help and quality support upfront but a bit of balance in our appraisal of our front men will do no harm.

That said, I've never seen a player who works as hard as CMS and that alone buys him a bit more leniency and support.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Quality striker that has been starved of service recently, so is a bit rusty in the finishing department at the moment. 10 attempts on goal yesterday suggests that the service is starting to come back, so i would expect him to start banging the goals in again shortly, probably in the first game of the new year.

As for huff and puff merchants, there are plenty on NSC at the moment who seem to know all about that, so ask them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Its not insulting at all!! Its just a point of view amonst supporters. Just because a question was asked it doesnt mean the OP thinks that to be true.

It may have helped to have clarified that at the start.

I think CMS has been so starved of service this season, he's been genuinely shocked when a chance arises and has snatched at it. Last season, he was clinical.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Quote from Posh Forum!

"Lets be honest here though, for all CMS's qualities as in work rate and that never say die attitude, he really was a terrible finisher for someone that score 35 goals last season"

can only assume it's tongue in cheek as 35 goals is ridiculous, but it's still slightly concerning on current form!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here