Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is CMS any good?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agree with what people are saying about lack of service, he was hanging off defenders shoulders waiting for a through ball or over the top ball but they never came. So many times he also looked inches away from a defenders clearance.

Nail on the head. Ask CMS and he'll tell you himself that his game is all about getting on the end of through balls, playing off the last defender and getting in behind with a burst of pace. Coming deep and holding up the ball is not his speciality - in truth, he probably hasn't really got the best touch for it. But that's not something he should be criticised for - he's a goalscorer, first and foremost and will bust his nuts to improve on those weaker areas.

Last night he was inches from beating Reina to one second half cross and right there again when the keeper spilled a shot. He's a good signing.. it's about having someone else that complements his style. If we don't get that, then people should at least appreciate his work-rate and stay off his back.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
CMS needs a strike partner thats all. Hate to say it but him and Glenn would have been DREAMY

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Utter quality in a little box the mans a human dynamo works his nuts off every single game !! What are you talking about .... "jenkins, have that man shot at once " !!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Less than a week before Palace and we're turning on our record signing, are you DELIBERATELY trying to cheer up the Nigels?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
The fact he works so hard is a big bonus.

But he needs to be able to finish at this level.

I believe he can. All should be clear by Xmas... i hope!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Nail on the head. Ask CMS and he'll tell you himself that his game is all about getting on the end of through balls, playing off the last defender and getting in behind with a burst of pace. Coming deep and holding up the ball is not his speciality - in truth, he probably hasn't really got the best touch for it. But that's not something he should be criticised for - he's a goalscorer, first and foremost and will bust his nuts to improve on those weaker areas.

Last night he was inches from beating Reina to one second half cross and right there again when the keeper spilled a shot. He's a good signing.. it's about having someone else that complements his style. If we don't get that, then people should at least appreciate his work-rate and stay off his back.

I think that I saw vicente yesterday try and play a few through balls to kll and noone but they didn't come off, I think he may start feeding cms pretty well, just needs a well weighted through ball between defenders and cms will burst through.

Can't believe people are writing him off as a waste of money... He's scored more goals than torres this season and he cost 50 bloody million!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
CMS has been insane. Like another thread has suggested, not sure if we're playing entirely to his strengths (we hit the wings instead of playing him through the middle), but his work rate is phenomenal and he'll be getting his goals as the season progresses.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Quality player, when he gets the chance, all the balls were played to the wings and then driven in. He didn't have alot of time on the ball, as no one was supplying the ball to him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If we had served a few of the low crosses that LFC fired into our box in the first half CMS AND Barnes probably would have had a field day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough, in a very bad mood this week. Sorry.

I normally have some sympathy with your posts, even the more outlandish ones but today you are coming across as a bit of a cock. Did you honestly see nothing last night that wasn't worth a right good whinge about??

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I normally have some sympathy with your posts, even the more outlandish ones but today you are coming across as a bit of a cock. Did you honestly see nothing last night that wasn't worth a right good whinge about??

I will come clean. Last night was a DEBACLE. My friend was meant to call on me at 7 pm. He did not so I went to the pub on my own on the chance he had gone directly there. He did not and there was no one down there I knew so I had 2 pints and stood on my own like a billy no mates amongst Liverpool, Manure and Arse fans with someone crowing when Bellamy scored as he had , had a bet on Bellamy 3-0, as it turns out he lost his money, hahahahaha, I was just very dissapointed and let down with the first half showing and decided to storm out and walk home which took 25 minutes up a steep hill and I had a glass of Red Wine and a Cigarette at home with my Dog listening to the last 20 minutes on the Radio.

Went to bed slightly pissed and very pissed off.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Simply wow

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I will come clean. Last night was a DEBACLE. My friend was meant to call on me at 7 pm. He did not so I went to the pub on my own on the chance he had gone directly there. He did not and there was no one down there I knew so I had 2 pints and stood on my own like a billy no mates amongst Liverpool, Manure and Arse fans with someone crowing when Bellamy scored as he had , had a bet on Bellamy 3-0, as it turns out he lost his money, hahahahaha, I was just very dissapointed and let down with the first half showing and decided to storm out and walk home which took 25 minutes up a steep hill and I had a glass of Red Wine and a Cigarette at home with my Dog listening to the last 20 minutes on the Radio.

Good grief.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Uncle S, copy of Razzle and a wank, that's all you need mate, all you need.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Blinking flip! So in answer to my previous question:

Blinking flip who died?

A little bit of your soul by the sounds of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here