Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is CMS any good?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
He is my hero. People seem to forget he scored 35 goals last season, and that is from someone who is not an out an out striker. He is quality.

Last season has gone, we need him to score this season regularly i hope he does.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we are not playing to his strengths sufficiently and are not getting the ball up to him quick enough. He will learn to play with us and we will learn to play with him and all will be well, just a matter of time.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
I still think he needs a target man to play off. Most worryingly despite dominating the 2nd half tonight he barely touched the ball. His obviously a fine player but we are not getting the best out of him currently. Still think sadly Murray is just as good as him and would suit our style of play more.

All credit to CMS for his goal line clearance very few if any other strikers in the country would have done that.

totally agree with you he;s game is all about pace and looking for the ball over the top and being on the shoulder of the last defender ,we dont play that way its all about build from the back and pace out wide not through the middle, ithink we miss murray alot . we didnt look threatening at corners or freekicks murray was quality in the air and was always dangerous ithink thats what is missing at the moment .also vincente linked up much better with barns who shows for the ball graig just runs away

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He hardly had a sniff tonight, Carragher had him in his pocket and I was also very impressed with Martin Kelly (unreal how he reached that ball ahead of Spaz after Reina parried Noone's shot in the first half). CMS started getting a bit more of the ball down that inside-right channel once Barnes and Vicente were on and started slipping it through to him.

We are going to seriously CANE someone soon and CMS will bag a couple, can see it coming.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Maybe controversial but I'd rest him for the Leeds game and make sure he's 100% for Palace on Tuesday. Barnes and Vicente up-front against Leeds.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
He hardly had a sniff tonight, Carragher had him in his pocket and I was also very impressed with Martin Kelly (unreal how he reached that ball ahead of Spaz after Reina parried Noone's shot in the first half). CMS started getting a bit more of the ball down that inside-right channel once Barnes and Vicente were on and started slipping it through to him.

We are going to seriously CANE someone soon and CMS will bag a couple, can see it coming.

How many pockets can Cms fit in I wonder.

Carragher tonight, Bamba last Saturday.

As much as I don't like saying it, I would like to see Murray up there with him to help him out.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I still think he needs a target man to play off. Most worryingly despite dominating the 2nd half tonight he barely touched the ball. His obviously a fine player but we are not getting the best out of him currently. Still think sadly Murray is just as good as him and would suit our style of play more.

All credit to CMS for his goal line clearance very few if any other strikers in the country would have done that.

I think that we are not playing to his strengths sufficiently and are not getting the ball up to him quick enough. He will learn to play with us and we will learn to play with him and all will be well, just a matter of time.

I agree with both of these comments. He clearly a quality player but we're not getting the best out of him. He looks very lonesome at time and clearly needs a settled strike partner. Is Barnes that player? No I don't think so. Is Hoskins? Who knows!?!

Poyet is no mug though, he realised we're lacking physically last year after the Hartlepool game so went out and brought in Wood. Regardless of what any of you thought of him Wood did a great job for us last season in that hold up role. Whilst he wasn't the greatest of footballers he caused enough problems in the oppositions defence to allow Murray to do his bit.

On the Murray and CMS comparisons it's difficult to say. Is CMS better than Murray....yes probably. Is he £2.5m better than him.....no certainly not.

Once again though in Gus we trust!!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I almost started the same thread, he is clearly a good player and will score goals - but not convinced he is the best we could have got for the money.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone know about Hoskins injury?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

33-1 for a hat-trick friday, maybe worth a few quid. He is only 7-1 to score 2 or more, i think i will leave that one alone.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Watching Vicente last night, who oozed class and read the game so well IMHO, then I think he will supply the sort of service that CMS was used to with Boyd, and we have yet to see the best of him. Once they get that partnership and understanding going, he will score for fun.
Nobody can fault his commitment and work rate, and his defensive work is probably un-noticed, it was CMS that hooked the ball off the line in the first half.
The best is yet to come I feel.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I defy anyone to play up top on their own and run defenses ragged. CMS is a proven goalscorer! Why the doubt????????????

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It will take a little while for Gus to work his magic on him. I seem to remember Nooney being luke warm at times last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here