Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is CMS any good?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
TBH - He would have had a ew moew now if he was the designated Pen taker rather than BArnes then we would be saying how many goals he has got etc. Can't fault his work rate, 'not good in the air??' got that one against Sunderland on his noggin. Can see him getting more with Vicente coming on now.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He isn't a lone central striker. It's such a waste of his talent unfortunately. Get an average target man and he'll be class for us. Get a good target man and he'll be an absolute machine.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
CMS is looking overvalued at the moment. Headless Chicken syndrome is taking over. Hoskins appears to be a complete and utter waste of money. We need to get a new decent striker in.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
CMS is looking overvalued at the moment. Headless Chicken syndrome is taking over. Hoskins appears to be a complete and utter waste of money. We need to get a new decent striker in.

Blinking flip who died? This is the third post of yours I've read this morning that is full of doom and gloom!

Cheer up old pal, we lost to a very strong top 5 side last night not Hereford!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am just being realistic. I was disgusted by the first half show, it was pathetic. We have a reasonable side but will end up mid table / push for the play offs which is fine. All I am saying is we are long way off the finished article and if we went up would be slaughtered with this squad. Hoskins is looking like a complete waste of money, it has to be said.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am just being realistic. I was disgusted by the first half show, it was pathetic. We have a reasonable side but will end up mid table / push for the play offs which is fine. All I am saying is we are long way off the finished article and if we went up would be slaughtered with this squad. Hoskins is looking like a complete waste of money, it has to be said.

I've not seen enough of him playing to make that call myself. From what someone said last night Hoskins has been quoted as saying he's starting on Friday, so perhaps we can make a more balanced judgement after that?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
10 games played, 12 minutes played.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
10 games played, 12 minutes played.

Maybe he's injured?

On CMS, the last two home games I can't really remember him getting any balls to feet.
He's still getting used the way we play and when Hoskins is fitter, he'll have more support upfront

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What did you think of the second half performance then?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Disgusted????pathetic?????? ok we looked nervous and lacking confidence at the start, but we created some good chances towards the end of the first half, ok we could've been 3 down after 30 mins, but we weren't. We were up against a very good top flight side and we kept ourselves in the game. To call the performance disgusting and pathetic is very wrong, considering we played our game and stuck to our brilliant style of football. What, did you expect us to tear them apart?
And as for Hoskins, he is injured. he will get over it, and he too will be brilliant!
There is no place for negativity.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

I am disgusted by your pathetic support.

Chanty

Sep 1, 2011
CMS is a fantastic player - never seen a forward run so much!
Needs better service, sometimes a decent early ball over the top for him to run on to would be good...
Also needs someone up there with him to play off - shame Murray not still with us, as think they would have linked up well together!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Agree with what people are saying about lack of service, he was hanging off defenders shoulders waiting for a through ball or over the top ball but they never came. So many times he also looked inches away from a defenders clearance.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am disgusted by your pathetic support.

Being a supporter does not require you to have a brain transplant and just heap praise and plaudits like some sort of Zombie. I will , and do , praise lavishly when appropriate but likewise be very caustic when not.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Uncle - you normally talk sense, but this is utter dross! Yes, we were absolutely 2nd best tonight, especially first half, but to think a guy is a waste of money after seeing him for 12mins is nonsense. Players get injured, fact. You seem to want prem football instantly and that just aint gonna happen. We were top after 5 games and you think were automatically going up. Get real and im sure hoskins might just turn out to be better thatn the credit your giving him.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle - you normally talk sense, but this is utter dross! Yes, we were absolutely 2nd best tonight, especially first half, but to think a guy is a waste of money after seeing him for 12mins is nonsense. Players get injured, fact. You seem to want prem football instantly and that just aint gonna happen. We were top after 5 games and you think were automatically going up. Get real and im sure hoskins might just turn out to be better thatn the credit your giving him.

Fair enough, in a very bad mood this week. Sorry.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I say again saved our ass twice last night in our own six yard box.

seagulls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here