Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton the best place outside London for clubbing?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We do have a decent range don't we... and not being very well travelled I wouldn't know. But this is what I hear. Am I right or very very wrong.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
You can't beat The Event.:jester:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Afraid my vote would have to go to Newcastle - as those who tried its fare a week ago may testify!

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
London is shit for clubbing in my opinion, too expensive and too poncey, most have a shitty dress code as well!

i was up soho way after the Watford game and struggled to find a club, (apart from the strippers!)

O,neills was open until 3 asm but wanted £10 to get in!!! for a a pub???

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Mr Popkins said:
London is shit for clubbing in my opinion, too expensive and too poncey, most have a shitty dress code as well!

London can be superb but I agree with some of that for sure. Manchester is by far my favourite. Superb place.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
WORTHING! that place is great for young totty and usually the ratio of Women to Men is 2 to 1......or should that read Young Totty to Chavs is 2 to 1 ??? anyway...either way the totty is class :thumbsup:

as for the clubs, they skink, but its what you make of a night it with your mates that counts in the end!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:

Very well said. The purpose of rhetoric is to remove "that which obstructs the personal apprehension of the truth" and I think you've summed that up well.

Instead of a two-step transaction of meaning-into-language, think of writing as an organic, developmental process in which you start writing at the very beginning -before you know your meaning at all-and encourage your words gradually to change and evolve. Only at the end will you know what you want to say or the words you want to say it with. Writing is an act of connection, but it connects the writer first to the Self and secondly to the world. In order to practice self-expression we must keep that in the proper order. We must protect the Self we mean to express. We must treat our writing carefully, as if it were valuable. It is valuable.

Before starting to discuss my 'posters theory', to help us think of the various sides of theory we might consider Faigley et.al definitions of composition theory as cognitive and social. They tell us that in contemporary cognitive theory theorists try to find solutions in the same ways as Aristotle did. These individuals are interested in "studying how persons 'searches ' the problem space for the strategy that can solve the problem at hand". In other words how writers write.

In the same way Social Episitimic sees knowledge as "not simply a static entity available for retrieval." Truth is must be "interpreted--structured and organized--in order to have meaning"

I'm a strong believer that truth exists in conformance with the rules of logic, and logic is so thoroughly deductive that even induction's is regarded as an imperfect form of syllogism. Therefor it seems only to obvious that Brighton is NOT in fact the best place to go clubbing outside London. Think about it.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Biscuit said:
Exeter?

Sorry SAM couldnt resist!

Looking on the positive side, it's much cheaper down here and we do have a couple of really good places. But that is all. Certainly in terms of diversity Brighton is far better.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Bournemouth was amazing fun when I went on a stag do in August...the clubs were cheesy but the "For Your Eyes Only" lap dancing club made up for that, the pubs were decent too and funnily enough not a Chav or Pikey scum in sight...anywhere...not a sausage!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Mr Popkins said:

i was up soho way after the Watford game and struggled to find a club, (apart from the strippers!)

O,neills was open until 3 asm but wanted £10 to get in!!! for a a pub???

You have no clue what you are talking about Popkins. You didnt find a club becasue you are effectively a London Tourist and dont know where to go. I never dress up smart for clubs and go to a different one about every other week.

London is the best city for Clubbing, possibly in the World! Brixtan on its own probably has as many clubs as Brighton, and youd not have to dress smart in any!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Albion Dan said:
You have no clue what you are talking about Popkins. You didnt find a club becasue you are effectively a London Tourist and dont know where to go. I never dress up smart for clubs and go to a different one about every other week.

London is the best city for Clubbing, possibly in the World! Brixtan on its own probably has as many clubs as Brighton, and youd not have to dress smart in any!

Clubbing in Brixtan!!!!! Your having a laugh, I wouldnt have the balls to go in one there.

Brighton used to be the best place for clubbing back in the early 90's when the dance scene was at its height. Unfortunatly the R&B scene has since taken over and now Brighton is pretty average IMHO. Newcastle rates quite high on my list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here