Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Barry Lloyd part of the problem?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
From the argus

Would have been better if you dropped the fags to 3200 which is a guide line from other EU countries.Oh and the country you mentioned your only allowed 200.:thumbsup:
5/10

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
If Lloyd was vetoing Adams appointments, then surely he is just more than a scout, he is more like a Director of Football. If thats the case, then we will be in real trouble.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If Lloyd was vetoing Adams appointments, then surely he is just more than a scout, he is more like a Director of Football. If thats the case, then we will be in real trouble.

he has been Blooms eyes and ears on the football side. he also knows very well what happened in player negotiations under wilkins

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace

yep ..and what does the real Director of Football ...Mr Hinshelwood do ?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Can you think of a question that contains the word CANTALOUPE for no apparent reason?

She laughs "My mother will have lost her mind, we're only ten miles from Gretna, they're three hundred behind" He replies "How old are you again, because we CANTALOUPE until you're sixteen?"

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Look it's pretty clear - Lloyd was trusted by the Blooms and Stanley to INVEST in players while he was manager. He done pretty well at it too, Small, Byrne, Codner, Beeney etc. Fair enough we also had some who didn't work out ala Mark Farrington but with relatively little cash he usually sourced sound players capable of delivering some hefty profits.

Given this history I don't think it's suprising that TB also looks to Lloyd for advice - or to verify what he's been told by different sources, I wouldn't think it was Lloyd alone advising Bloom either.

At the end of the day TB trusts Lloyd and our player recruitment was going fairly well until Adams decided Hawkins, Livermore, Mcleod and Virgo should be brought in. Is it any wonder Llloyd and the board had little faith in Adams after this influx of shite?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Why is Virgo now deadwood??

I don't understand that at all. He does a good job 95% of the time.

Hawkins and mcleod - I can understand that, but not Virgo.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Look it's pretty clear - Lloyd was trusted by the Blooms and Stanley to INVEST in players while he was manager. He done pretty well at it too, Small, Byrne, Codner, Beeney etc. Fair enough we also had some who didn't work out ala Mark Farrington but with relatively little cash he usually sourced sound players capable of delivering some hefty profits.

Given this history I don't think it's suprising that TB also looks to Lloyd for advice - or to verify what he's been told by different sources, I wouldn't think it was Lloyd alone advising Bloom either.

At the end of the day TB trusts Lloyd and our player recruitment was going fairly well until Adams decided Hawkins, Livermore, Mcleod and Virgo should be brought in. Is it any wonder Llloyd and the board had little faith in Adams after this influx of shite?

And therein lies the issue...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For all those who are ready to criticize Barry Lloyd, you seem to quickly forget the regime he had to work under. With regard to the comment about Saunders, I thought it was well documented that we were told by our bank they wanted money and that we had to sell Saunders to raise the funds and as such had to accept the first offer. Whether or not Oxford knew that I don't know but if you were the buying club you'd pay as little as you could.

Apart from that, the article has'nt been 'reproduced' very well so if you're going to tinker, do it realistically!!!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It wasn't just Saunders, and saying the bank demanded the sale of players sounds a bit iffy.

90% of the players brought in were dross, 90% of those let go were quality.

How can you say a bank makes those demands when youve got a squad challenging for the top division? They would at least expect some value.

Small was a one season wonder, like kurt nogan, occaisionally they crop up for clubs but it has little to do with shrewd management decisions.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I suppose the difference will be with the new manager that he will be Bloom's appointment rather than Knight's, and if it is someone of the calibre of Steve Coppell will have considerably more clout than either of the last three, even four managers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here