Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Barry Lloyd part of the problem?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I suppose the difference will be with the new manager that he will be Bloom's appointment rather than Knight's, and if it is someone of the calibre of Steve Coppell will have considerably more clout than either of the last three, even four managers?

Theres no way Coppell or someone of that calibre will beholden in management to Loydd I can f***ing guarantee that. The latter has a long history of rubbing people up the wrong way.

:tantrum:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
This poster, formerly known as Barry Hazgon, would welcome the opportunity to return to that monicker.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Problem

This may explain Micky Adams comment towards the end of his second reign "I know who my friends are and I know who my enemies are". The insidious situation of someone who can second guess the manager never ever works. Hence some apparently good managers have failed here recently. Lloyd should be removed.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
It wasn't just Saunders, and saying the bank demanded the sale of players sounds a bit iffy.

90% of the players brought in were dross, 90% of those let go were quality.

How can you say a bank makes those demands when youve got a squad challenging for the top division? They would at least expect some value.

Small was a one season wonder, like kurt nogan, occaisionally they crop up for clubs but it has little to do with shrewd management decisions.

Small one season wonder - what bollocks. He topped the 1st division scoring charts until around Xmas the next season. You do talk some shit.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Small one season wonder - what bollocks. He topped the 1st division scoring charts until around Xmas the next season. You do talk some shit.

Tsk. You do talk some nonsense, Mikey.

He scored 1 in 2 for the Albion and commanded a fee of £250k, when he was due to be out of contract that very season. 60 goals in 119 games would suggest he was a one season wonder...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It wasn't just Saunders, and saying the bank demanded the sale of players sounds a bit iffy.

90% of the players brought in were dross, 90% of those let go were quality.

How can you say a bank makes those demands when youve got a squad challenging for the top division? They would at least expect some value.

Small was a one season wonder, like kurt nogan, occaisionally they crop up for clubs but it has little to do with shrewd management decisions.

What a load of elephant wank. You should stick to talking bollocks about politics like you normally do.

Even if you ignore Mike Small and Kurt Nogan (and I don't see why you should) , how about Nelson, Bremner, Mark Gall, Keith Dublin, Clive Walker, Mark Beeney, Colin Pates, Stevan Iovan and plenty of others.

ALL managers sign shite players (Francis Jeffers £9m to Arsenal, Taibi at Man United, Voronin at Liverpoo etc) but for all his faults Big Bad Baz signed more diamonds than duffers.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

what? got any stats? He went to wet spam and scored about 3 or 4 goals then that was about it.:wave:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I didn't realise we were talking, solely, about Small. I thought we were talking about Nogan. :(

Still, I don't see how they can be accused of being a one season wonder in a derogatory term. The fact that Small was only here for one season or so, doesn't help his case if you are going to use that 'one season wonder' business.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
what? got any stats? He went to wet spam and scored about 3 or 4 goals then that was about it.:wave:

According to Wikipedia (if you want to believe that...)

Small spent the 1990-91 season at Second Division side Brighton & Hove Albion and scored 21 goals for the club, helping them to get to the play-off final.

He joined West Ham United of the First Division in 1991. He made his debut against Luton on August 17, 1991 and scored 18 goals in his first season, but couldn't prevent the club being relegated, and found himself returning to the Second Division.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What a load of elephant wank. You should stick to talking bollocks about politics like you normally do.

Even if you ignore Mike Small and Kurt Nogan (and I don't see why you should) , how about Nelson, Bremner, Mark Gall, Keith Dublin, Clive Walker, Mark Beeney, Colin Pates, Stevan Iovan and plenty of others.

ALL managers sign shite players (Francis Jeffers £9m to Arsenal, Taibi at Man United, Voronin at Liverpoo etc) but for all his faults Big Bad Baz signed more diamonds than duffers.

Nelson, hate to say it but one good season scoring goals.
Bremner, Was hard to tell wether he was trying to convert a try or score most the time.

Mark Gall, Average to poor, 5 goals?
Keith Dublin, eh?
Clive Walker, His legs used to give in after half an hour, the only good game he had was in a friendly against a romanian team.

Mark Beeney, We were not short of decent keepers then
Colin Pates, Over the hill and held his own,just, on experiance.
Stevan Iovan, who?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Barry Lloyd was a good manager for us. On a shoe-string he put together a team that got within a whisker of getting back into the top flight - playing decent football too.
He's the Chief Scout, for pity's sake - he makes recommendations, but it should be the manager that has the final say (finance permitting, which is where the board come in, of course).

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
For all those saying about Barrys great signings , lets look of the state of the team he took over to the one he left behind. Was a f***ing disaster for this football club. How on Gods earth he was allowed back within 10 miles of the club beggars belief.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Bremner, Was hard to tell wether he was trying to convert a try or score most the time.

Keith Dublin, eh?
Clive Walker, His legs used to give in after half an hour, the only good game he had was in a friendly against a romanian team.

Stevan Iovan, who?

Nelson had a sensational season not just a "good" one!

don't be knocking my main man Dublin either.

Clive Walker "one good game", what, you saw him play once? he was absolute quality at our level and would walk into our team now.

Beeney was easily our best keeper for years.

you are an idiot!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Keith Dublin, eh?

Stevan Iovan, who?

Nelson, 47 goals for the Albion, named in Plymouth Argyle's team of the century. No one who saw that goal in the FA Cup against Brentford would criticise him. All round top bloke.

Mark Gall 13 goals in 31 games in a side that was relegated that season.

Keith Dublin 132 games and an excellent centre half

Clive Walker, played over 100 times for the Albion, hardly evident of someone who only lasted half an hour

Mark Beeney signed for £30k, sold for £350k and played in the Premiership

Colin Pates, oozed class

Stevan Iovan, Captain of the 1986 European Cup winners, that's WHO you f***ing thick piece of shit.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
For all those saying about Barrys great signings , lets look of the state of the team he took over to the one he left behind. Was a f***ing disaster for this football club. How on Gods earth he was allowed back within 10 miles of the club beggars belief.

and you're a plonker aswell. getting to within one game of the now-premiership, yeah right! like most managers he lost his way after a few years and was rightly sacked (i remember jumping round the room when i read it on teletext) but we had some great times under lloyd for a couple of seasons.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He scored 13 up to october then 5 more for the rest of the season when he was being subbed of regularly. none in 5 games the next season. 13 goals in 49 league appearances, 7 as sub. Hardly setting the division on fire was he?

Hold it shit for brains, YOU said he scored 3 or 4 goals, and you can't even add up, 13 + 5 = 18, not 13, so why don't you admit that you were WRONG when you said 3 or 4? Can't count, can't think, you are so full of f***ing shit your eyes must be brown.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Have you any idea of the finances that Bazza inherited? The club had vastly overspent in the First division, and the death of first of all Keith Wickenden and then Mike Bamber meant that there was no one prepared to subsidise the day to day running.

I'm no fan of Lloyd, but he did a fair job given that he had one hand tied behind his back by the board all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here