Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Barry Lloyd doing it again ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Isn't the issue that the Blooms have the dosh? My understanding (and I could be wildly wrong) is that the Blooms have effectively funded us over the past few years. A boardroom vote with Knight v Bloom would not be particularly useful - the board really do have to try to work together.

I'm pretty sure that Knight AND the Blooms wanted Adams back. Isn't the issue now more about some scepticism on the part of the Blooms regarding Micky's (and/or DK's) transfer targets. At the end of the day it'll be the Blooms who fund the transfer fees, so I guess they have a right to have a say. However, this makes things rather complex, with probably four different parties getting involved:

- Micky
- DK
- Barry Lloyd
- The Blooms

No wonder DK has long conversations with Micky at the training ground - it takes a long time to sort the issues with so many views to take into account.

As Giraffe said (I think), things were much easier when DK pretty much had carte blanche to do what he wanted. Now it's not so simple.

Hopefully DK and the Blooms will sort it out, because God forbid we end up with Barry Lloyd as manager.

Is there anything to 'sort out'? Do we KNOW that there is an issue? And are we all working under the same assumption that 'The Blooms' are actually one united 'faction'?

Regarding the Blooms having a say on who the transfer targets are, they (along with the rest of the Board of Directors) will get soundings off whoever is there to present that reports. If it's Barry Lloyd, they'll also be aware of his less than 100% record on this score, even since he returned in 2007.

This Adams/Knight v Bloom/Lloyd thing just sounds too far fetched for me. I reckon we've got a far more united board than that.

Sure, there will be disagreements, and I sincerely hope there are now and then, but Dick said in the programme notes recently that he has counted on the fingers of one hand the number of times major issues have had to go to a vote. Some might dismiss that as spin and PR, but that's purely up to them.

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Is there anything to 'sort out'? Do we KNOW that there is an issue? And are we all working under the same assumption that 'The Blooms' are actually one united 'faction'?

Regarding the Blooms having a say on who the transfer targets are, they (along with the rest of the Board of Directors) will get soundings off whoever is there to present that reports. If it's Barry Lloyd, they'll also be aware of his less than 100% record on this score, even since he returned in 2007.

This Adams/Knight v Bloom/Lloyd thing just sounds too far fetched for me. I reckon we've got a far more united board than that.

Sure, there will be disagreements, and I sincerely hope there are now and then, but Dick said in the programme notes recently that he has counted on the fingers of one hand the number of times major issues have had to go to a vote. Some might dismiss that as spin and PR, but that's purely up to them.

I'm only reacting to what some far better informed individuals seem to be saying and adding my own guesswork. Not particularly helpful!!

Like you, I'm not sure that it's Adams/Knight v Bloom/Lloyd, but it does appear there is definitely some pretty major tension somewhere. My guess is that it's all around the transfer targets. I can't believe the Blooms are desperate to get rid of Adams and install Lloyd.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm only reacting to what some far better informed individuals seem to be saying and adding my own guesswork. Not particularly helpful!!

Like you, I'm not sure that it's Adams/Knight v Bloom/Lloyd, but it does appear there is definitely some pretty major tension somewhere. My guess is that it's all around the transfer targets. I can't believe the Blooms are desperate to get rid of Adams and install Lloyd.

Nor I.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why not Ray Bloom did it with Mullery 2nd time around. Does a leopard change his spots.
But back then he was actually a manager, of sorts. He hasn't manager a team since he left us, they wouldn't be that stupid surely.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
In answer to your question I am not party to any information about what is going on behind the scenes at the club.

My comment about 'be careful of what you wish for' was born more out of the fact that a post Micky appointment would be certainly 'low budget' and perhaps lacking in real quality.

Whether he likes it or not Dick has gained a bit of reputation when it comes to managers, and his alleged treatment of Dean Wilkins has probably tarnished his image even more.

In my opinion until Falmer is well on the way to being completed quality applicants would be very thin on the ground.

nothing more to add......

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It must have limits though, scout, maybe, but they must know it would be a very bad idea to make him manager.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So what was the poster on The Argus on about that one of the Blooms was shouting about at The Grand on Friday evening. What is the old saying 'there is no smoke without the fire'

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If it was absolute bollox wouldn't the club and or Blooms have denied it to The Argus as it is on their web site and they must be aware of it.

Alcohol quite often frees the tongue sometimes too much. I am sure that we have all at some time said something through excess of alcohol that we regret after it has been said.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If it was absolute bollox wouldn't the club and or Blooms have denied it to The Argus as it is on their web site and they must be aware of it.

True I suppose. I just can't believe, or maybe don't want to believe, that the club would that STUPID as to appoint Lloyd and Hinsh.

I think many would wash their hands of the Albion then.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No, some deeply demented drivel gets posted on comment boxes on any news site, people don't actually respond to it. No one.

No smoke without fire, so should we believe every "rumour" that gets posted on here? Take it with a pinch of salt, especially when you have no idea who it's coming from.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This not the usual rumour it could possible have serious repercussions for the club so I would have thought that they would have at least quelled it and said it was rubbish or that they know nothing about it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This not the usual rumour it could possible have serious repercussions for the club so I would have thought that they would have at least quelled it and said it was rubbish or that they know nothing about it.

They're probably too busy pissing themselves laughing at the mere suggestion of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here