Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Barry Lloyd doing it again ?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Almost as unhelpful as abusing the man at 7.40pm on a Tuesday night.........

Harty to be fair most of the South Stand were standing up and applauding Adams and co as they walked to the dug out. The abusers were a couple of Wallys and IIRC Adams laughed at them. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Lloyd got lucky in that play off year. I think we lost something like 18 games and had a minus goal difference, it was a very poor league. We also lost 2 very poor home games in the final run-in, which made you wonder if we were worried about going up or if we were just crap. Look at the crowd figuers for that season & compare with other seasons when Albion have gone for promotion.

As for signings, I wonder just how many of those Lloyd actually found. It's more likely that un-attatched (un wanted) players would hawk themselves around looking for clubs so basically they were trying hard to get a club. look at Nogan, Luton didn't want him so he was on trial and was awful. Then a ball hit's him on the bum and goes in, his confidence soars and, all of a sudden we have a class act.

There were many a game where the opposition would win it by using subs to bring on fresh players or changing tactics. Lloyd wouldn't do that.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
In the four decades I have supported the Albion there have been many managers. Lloyd is the only manager I hated.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Good Post

Good post Ernest. Barry Lloyd was the only manager under which I stoppped going regularly. He was, and is, an an unintelligent and incoherent fool. We were lucky with Small and Byrne up front in that play-off year. We were regularly outplayed with a powder puff midfield (including Wilkins). Things went downhill from there and I hated the man. He is the only manager I can remember where vitually the whole of the Goldstone Ground called for him to go match after match. He should never have come back.

If he is interfering then that may explain Micky's post match stunted performance - I sense he is very frustrated with something but cant say it - almost like he wants us fans to read between the lines.

If Lloyd comes back me and my mate will be gone and sadly the Blooms will take the club down and out. Lets hope it doesnt happen......

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Harty?

What do you know, Harty? Is there stuff going on behind the scenes along the lines of what is being alluded to in this thread.

I know you cannot elaborate but a mere oui or non will suffice. It is important.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Micky's post match stunted performance - I sense he is very frustrated with something but cant say it - almost like he wants us fans to read between the lines.
I get this sense as well, but put it down to the fact that Micky cant get the players he wants/needs - probably due to financial constraints.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If Lloyd takes over, we would be playing in front of sub 3000 crowds before the end of the season.
He is the only manager i've actually celebrated leaving the club.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I fear league management was always a bridge to far for Larry. However, if anyone was offered the chance to manage at that level, would anyone turn that chance down ?.. I think not .

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Interesting debate and thoughts.

So...if it's true......we have a Chairman and Manager who are, in effect, lame ducks.

The Blooms seem to be the ones bankrolling the club........and if they disagree with Dick Knight about the abilities of Micky Adams.......maybe they,re pulling the plug re further investment.

Maybe the Blooms are in the "Micky out club"........and really.....who could blame them. Much of the early season poor results were (IMHO) down to poor management.

Now, we seem to have a club, that is short on squad numbers.....and very short on quality. I cannot see how Micky Adams can turn the season around without further investment in decent players.

People can start to blame the Blooms if any of this is true...but.......who was it, that wanted Micky Adams back.........probably just because the manager last season could see that if we wanted a decent midfield......you have to pay for it, and yet our all-knowledgedable Chairman thought otherwise.

Make enough poor judgements in any business.......and you,ll soon find the money supply cut.

PS;....and I really wouldn't want to see LLoyd back.......to be a good manager you have to think fast on your feet while the game is going on........and I can't remember any manager in my 40 odd years of supporting the Albion, who was so slow and inept at changing the course of a game.

Last edited:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
What do you know, Harty? Is there stuff going on behind the scenes along the lines of what is being alluded to in this thread.

I know you cannot elaborate but a mere oui or non will suffice. It is important.

In answer to your question I am not party to any information about what is going on behind the scenes at the club.

My comment about 'be careful of what you wish for' was born more out of the fact that a post Micky appointment would be certainly 'low budget' and perhaps lacking in real quality.

Whether he likes it or not Dick has gained a bit of reputation when it comes to managers, and his alleged treatment of Dean Wilkins has probably tarnished his image even more.

In my opinion until Falmer is well on the way to being completed quality applicants would be very thin on the ground.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
In my opinion until Falmer is well on the way to being completed quality applicants would be very thin on the ground.

I disagree, there always appears to be plenty of 'quality' applicants when the Albion gig comes up, or at least that's what Knight alludes to.

Whether Knight and the board appoint one though is another matter altogether.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
In answer to your question I am not party to any information about what is going on behind the scenes at the club.

My comment about 'be careful of what you wish for' was born more out of the fact that a post Micky appointment would be certainly 'low budget' and perhaps lacking in real quality.

Whether he likes it or not Dick has gained a bit of reputation when it comes to managers, and his alleged treatment of Dean Wilkins has probably tarnished his image even more.

Harty -I have great respect for you and the gulls eye lads but the more I hear of you recently, the more you try and make a few facts and even down right rubbish to fit and support an argument. Rather than look at the facts and then objectively form a view.

I don't want Lloyd back but lets be honest, he can't take a team from 7th to 1 point out of the relegation zone, after having been allowed to bring in 6 or more players, because Adams has already done that.

If Adams wants respect then he has to come out in the press,admit that he got it wrong in the summer. He should be man enough to admit that he should not have ripped apart a passing side and he should not have played long ball football. Its Adams fault, end of story and if the Blooms want to sack him for wasting their money - then I don't blame them.

However, lets give Adams a chance to stand up, be a man, hold his hand up to the rubbish which is this season - take the blame, stop insulting us customers, and now start to play passing football.

When Adams holds his hands up to the hoofing rubbish that we have seen this year then we at least know that he has worked out the problem and is man enough to admit when he makes mistakes.

You can read this out on your show if you want or better still read it to Adams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here