Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Ashley Cole one of England's greatest ever players?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Like him or loathe him, he's got an unbelievable career behind him at the ripe old age of 31. He has 93 England caps, 7 FA cups, 3 Premier League titles, 1 League Cup, 3 Charity shields and now 1 Champions League.

So, will he be remembered as one of England's greats?

I think John Terry just about edges him.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
He'll make 100 caps and thoroughly deserve them, never really let england down and hope fully will inspire them this summer.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It is strange when debating the greatness of an English footballer - as good a player as I,ve ever seen in an England shirt - that the same people on here time and time again have to make comments on what they do outside the game. It is how they conduct themselves on the pitch that matters to all you keepers of the nations morals.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
can't effing stand the bloke, think he is a complete ****.
yes, absolute quality player, one of our best ever left backs complete class, bloody love him....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh for goodness sake get over yourselves, he played away whilst with Cheryl Cole, every blokes shag bag. Is it jealousy? I'm not getting it so far.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Do you support Chelsea? Sorry if that's a really obvious question but noticed you getting quite defensive on 2 threads now so I'm just assuming. Not a dig by the way, just curious.

Supported both Brighton and Chelsea for over 40 years now. I would never be an STH at the Bridge but always will at the Amex. Born in London, lived my informative years in Sussex and moved back to London. I bleed the stripes but I love Chelsea too.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Cole is a world class left back and had a great game against Bayern. Would like to see him at the same level in an England shirt.

I didn't realise how thick he was however, until the interview after the game. Explains a lot!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Cole is a world class left back and had a great game against Bayern. Would like to see him at the same level in an England shirt.

I didn't realise how thick he was however, until the interview after the game. Explains a lot!

true, he did come across as a bit of a twat......

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
He is a true great as a footballer and it must be a strong possibility that he will break the England caps/appearance record!

Twat of the highest order as a man though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here