Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Ashley Cole one of England's greatest ever players?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Cole is a world class left back and had a great game against Bayern. Would like to see him at the same level in an England shirt.

I didn't realise how thick he was however, until the interview after the game. Explains a lot!

He's a footballer, nobody ever accused them of having an intelligence! Rest of the post is a like.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oh for goodness sake get over yourselves, he played away whilst with Cheryl Cole, every blokes shag bag. Is it jealousy? I'm not getting it so far.

If that were the extent of his misdemeanours, behaviour and attitude, then perhaps it would be passable as a mistake. He comes across as an utter cock. Sorry if that upsets you.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If that were the extent of his misdemeanours, behaviour and attitude, then perhaps it would be passable as a mistake. He comes across as an utter cock. Sorry if that upsets you.

Not upset, I agree, fancy losing a bird like our Shezza! I can't remember what else he did though, the kind of thing that NSC would never do themselves.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not upset, I agree, fancy losing a bird like our Shezza! I can't remember what else he did though, the kind of thing that NSC would never do themselves.

I do find the whole 'I can't believe he would cheat on our Cheryl' a bit cringeworthy - Well, perhaps she was a bit of a bitch or impossible to live with or sexless.

Granted, It's a fair point. We have all done things we regret. He comes across as being a cock or someone I would not like to mirror. That is all. We are bound to have stronger feelings towards a prime example of a prick than a theoretical one.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do find the whole 'I can't believe he would cheat on our Cheryl' a bit cringeworthy - Well, perhaps she was a bit of a bitch or impossible to live with or sexless.

Granted, It's a fair point. We have all done things we regret. He comes across as being a cock or someone I would not like to mirror. That is all. We are bound to have stronger feelings towards a prime example of a prick than a theoretical one.

Out of pure curiosity BoF, does money have anything to do with it?

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
He was immense last night. Although when he put his penalty away my first thought was :clap2: but my second thought was 'hang on, where were you when vassell stepped up in portugal in 04 and carragher in germany 06?' Could have done with penalties like that then.

Without a doubt Englands best left sided player since steve guppy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Out of pure curiosity BoF, does money have anything to do with it?

I do object to the obscene amounts that these guys are paid.

I don't see how one can get away with objecting, without being labelled as being jealous. Football could be a lot cheaper for everyone involved, if there was a bit of sense floating about.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
Phillip Lahm in my own opinion is the best left back in the world but that's just me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here