shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I still don't really understand how he scored so many last season

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Despite the moaners on here, actually had a decent game. 2 absolute fantastic passes, one which would have ended in a nail on goal if it wasn't for a fantastic interception from the Brizzle defender.

Oct 25, 2003
he's average at championship level, good at league 1 level

my main problem with him is that he doesn't contribute ANYTHING if he's not scoring, unlike CMS and from today's evidence, hoskins

that said he's often played out of position BUT against wrexham he was up front against conference opposition and he still did absolutely jack sit

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
He has been played out of position alot. When you look at the performances where he's been up front with CMS... Pompey, Cardiff, Blackpool etc. He's been brilliant. He set up both CMS goals in the Leeds game and has converted a few penalties, he's a good player but he needs some confidence.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Are you joking?

Are you one of these fans that is gonna hate him no matter what he does? He is a striker not a winger. He is only 22 and has scored almost 30 goals for us in 18 months! Give him a break will ya!

I am a massive CMS fan but he has missed more sitters than Barnes this season, but he don't get the stick that Barnes gets.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I don't understand how people can have such short memories. I presume if anyone criticise Barnes with vitriol and no balancing argument that they weren't a fan of the club last season. Opinions null and void.

That said, I think that Ash has struggled in this division unfortunately. It doesn't help he has been played as an ersatz winger so often, but it is in those pressure moments in front of goal where he has failed to hit the target that we have to do our judging. I don't feel like the club has time to bring his game to the level it needs. Maybe even a matter of confidence, but it looks to me like he should drop back down to L1 and be a top striker there, work on his game and maybe come back (even Craig Davies has done it!) after a season or two. Not necessarily to us of course, that's not how it works, but I wouldn't begrudge it! He was a sterling player for us last season and one of the reasons we were promoted.

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
Never usually slate Brighton players, but I honestly can't see anything he excels at apart from pens. There's just nothing there!

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
Are you one of these fans that is gonna hate him no matter what he does? He is a striker not a winger. He is only 22 and has scored almost 30 goals for us in 18 months! Give him a break will ya!

I am a massive CMS fan but he has missed more sitters than Barnes this season, but he don't get the stick that Barnes gets.

If he played well I wouldn't have this opinion.

He is lazy, terrible touch, can't shoot, no awareness and always loses the ball. He has only scored 3 goals from open play this season.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Like most of the team he needs a season to find his feet at this level if besides,Gus feels he has the ability to warrant a place in the first team so who are we to argue.

Why.T.F do so many sub Sunday league class footie players on here feel they know more about the game than Gus?

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Simple,not good enough for this league,requires far too much time on the ball,first touch is not good enough and he's slow.For a striker/forward playing player these qualities are essential in this league.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Like most of the team he needs a season to find his feet at this level,besides,Gus feels he has the ability to warrant a place in the first team.

Why.T.F do so many sub Sunday league class footie players on here feel they know more about the game than Gus?

He only plays because of injuries to others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here