• yes will get better

Votes: 91 44.0%
  • fence

Votes: 41 19.8%

• Total voters

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
he's barely ever played as a striker this season, thought you would've noticed if you go to all the games? Isn't doing great, same as everyone else these last few months but to call him lazy is ridiculous :facepalm: :albion2:

Had a chance against non league Wrexham and again was completely ineffective.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Prove yourself an idiot with every post,none of those play the roll Barnes is utilised for.the nearest is Painter and he covered himself in glory with the CFM2009 twats on here like you
Doesn't take away the fact that he's first touch is poor and he wants to much time on the ball,these qualities won't come with time you either have them or you don't,still not good enough for this league.Please feel free to correct me at the end of the season or the next,i await with some humility.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Yep time to get rid. Any half decent player would have told Poyet to do one. I totally lost respect for Barnes today agreeing to play out of position for the benefit of the team. Unless he sees sense this week and demands clear the air talks, a return to his favourite position and a hefty pay rise, I fear there is no way back for him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He doesn't offer anything else? Didn't he assist both CMS goals against Leeds?

His shot was followed up for the winner v portsmouth, him closing down the keeper led to noone's goal v peterborough, and he won the free kick from which harley scored in that game. He wins a lot of free kicks relieving pressure and breaking up opponents' attacks, giving us a chance when we've been under the cosh to get out of our own half and put opponents under pressure.

Mok_150

Oct 16, 2011
Awful championship player in or out of position! Most of his goals have been from the spot & you cant keep your place in a team just because you take a good penalty. I havent seen him offer ANYTHING else to the team. He cant hold the ball up, hes got shocking vision, constantly gives the ball away and his shooting bar the Cardiff strike this season has been poor. Hes had no composure infront of goal as he has proved for months now. He had 3 chances today, smashed two well over the bar and missed another basic chance on the volley. From what ive seen he offers nothing for us at this level & it staggers me the amount of people who rate him. Lets hope Hoskins stays fit

Dont give me none of this playing out of position b*llocks. Hes a professional footballer and you need to be a bit versatile at this level as other players in the squad have proved when asked to play a different role

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
Awful championship player in or out of position! Most of his goals have been from the spot & you cant keep your place in a team just because you take a good penalty. I havent seen him offer ANYTHING else to the team. He cant hold the ball up, hes got shocking vision, constantly gives the ball away and his shooting bar the Cardiff strike this season has been poor. Hes had no composure infront of goal as he has proved for months now. He had 3 chances today, smashed two well over the bar and missed another basic chance on the volley. From what ive seen he offers nothing for us at this level & it staggers me the amount of people who rate him. Lets hope Hoskins stays fit

Dont give me none of this playing out of position b*llocks. Hes a professional footballer and you need to be a bit versatile at this level as other players in the squad have proved when asked to play a different role

Hear, hear

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Some facts:

When played as a main striker he has scored goals in the Championship this season

Last season he had a better strike rate (chance conversion AND goals per minute played) than Glen Murray

He is our best penalty taker

He has played most games this season "out of position"

He can cover back effectively and offers good protection for our defence

Defensively we have been shakier and more susceptible to conceding when Barnes hasn't been playing

He is very young and has the potential to be a million pound player (with us!)

If you can't see more than one element of a player's game you won't rate Barnes for the job he has done for the team this season but it does occur to me that one of the reasons Davies (now banging them in at Barnsley) failed with us was the fans who got on his back while Murray (now missed by so many on here) was widely berated when he was here for his "lack of interest"

It seems to be part of football to dismiss what you have and to then blame everyone and everything else when things go wrong or players succeed elsewhere. Meanwhile the calls go out to "give Agdestein a go" despite his being totally inexperienced beyond a few (non-scoring) games for Bath at the bottom of the Conference and a barren spell for our development squad. Now given time he may well prove to be the bees' knees but a better bet than Barnes right now...............?

Nothing much changes does it?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We've had a great win and some are still picking on Barnes, even claiming they watch him. They watch, but see nothing. Played out of position, but contributed throughout across the front line, the left side and in defense. One particular passage of play in front of the West stand drew applause for him and frequently he didn't get the ball back when he made a run. He's rusty, but I think he will come good like Sparrow if he gets a run. Whole team played above average to well today yet all some see is Barnes hit a shot in the stands. Shame on you critical fans and watch a bit more closely instead of singing the ridiculous outdated 'stand up if you hate Palace!

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
We've had a great win and some are still picking on Barnes, even claiming they watch him. They watch, but see nothing. Played out of position, but contributed throughout across the front line, the left side and in defense. One particular passage of play in front of the West stand drew applause for him and frequently he didn't get the ball back when he made a run. He's rusty, but I think he will come good like Sparrow if he gets a run. Whole team played above average to well today yet all some see is Barnes hit a shot in the stands. Shame on you critical fans and watch a bit more closely instead of singing the ridiculous outdated 'stand up if you hate Palace!

I sit front row of WSL 10 seats towards the north. I could smell Barnes in the second half. He was awful today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Marvellous. Only on NSC can we have a great win, following a brilliant team performance, and there is a poll slagging off one of the team

Some of you will NEVER be happy unless you are having a moan

Whingers got to whinge so pick on a player to whinge about instead of the result or the manager.

Mok_150

Oct 16, 2011
Agreed good result today. More than happy to stand corrected over Barnes if/when he comes good, personally at this level i really cant see it

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I am a massive CMS fan but he has missed more sitters than Barnes this season, but he don't get the stick that Barnes gets.

Barnes doesn't even get into the positions to score the goals in this league though, plus CMS manages to actually look bothered, something Barnes has struggled with. I'm not expecting Barnes to work as hard as CMS does for 90 minutes, but he literally just does nothing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Barnes doesn't even get into the positions to score the goals in this league though, plus CMS manages to actually look bothered, something Barnes has struggled with. I'm not expecting Barnes to work as hard as CMS does for 90 minutes, but he literally just does nothing.

ah well - if anything you ever said had merit you just blew it right there

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He NEEDS to play as an out and out striker. Not left wing or right wing or centre of midfield. Seems Uruguay 86 is turning him into the new Adam Virgo (anywhere but your BEST position) so i feel sorry for Ash.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
ah well - if anything you ever said had merit you just blew it right there

:yawn:

I don't post on here to collect some merits by going along with the crowd, it's my opinion, he is not up to it at this level and offers, very, VERY little apart from taking penalties.

He ball watches constantly, he's lightweight, gives the ball away I'd say 50% of the time he does actually get involved and hasn't so much as looked like scoring for months.

I bet you're the sort who is happy to slag off Harley, well Barnes really is not better at all, deal with it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
:yawn:

I don't post on here to collect some merits by going along with the crowd, it's my opinion, he is not up to it at this level and offers, very, VERY little apart from taking penalties.

He ball watches constantly, he's lightweight, gives the ball away I'd say 50% of the time he does actually get involved and hasn't so much as looked like scoring for months.

I bet you're the sort who is happy to slag off Harley, well Barnes really is not better at all, deal with it.

You won't find a single post from me slagging off Harley but I am quite happy to comment when I see someone posting garbage purely for effect. You know what you posted was rubbish and demonstrably so but you posted anyway as you so often do (presumably) because it looked good and I'm guessing you get off on that. Coming the high and mighty "I say what I think" really doesn't wash and you just come across as another keyboard warrior in the mould of TCB and WW and their like, disrespected because what you say has no merit. You demonstrably change your opinions on the whim of a soundbite and it makes what you say valueless. Dare I say, deal with it...................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here