• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fella isn't a left winger.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Classic case of taking one for the team. Normally its defensive mids who get this kinda treatment. He's not a top striker at this level, but he's not out of his depth either. People will remember the shot wide and high today, but forget the pass that came behind him, so he had to check in, and put a shot around a defender. If the pass had been put into his path, he'd have been past the defender and one-on-one with the keeper.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Not missed a game all season apart from leicester away,hoskins has been injured most of the season,Buckley,Lua Lua,even Billy Paynter got the nod ahead of barnes,that must tell you something northstandnorth?

Last edited:

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
If he played well I wouldn't have this opinion.

He is lazy, terrible touch, can't shoot, no awareness and always loses the ball. He has only scored 3 goals from open play this season.
This.

Except not lazy, but certainly appeared indifferent today at times...
Regardless of where you play, out of position or not; you should still have these basic skills...

Having said that, he's seems to be rock-bottom when it comes to confidence and that certainly isn't helping. Feel sorry for him right now, but the rest of team is carrying him a bit and that's not good for the team.

Last edited:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Not missed a game all season apart from leicester away,hoskins has been injured most of the season,Buckley,Lua Lua,even Billy Paynter got the nod ahead of barnes,that must tell you something.

Prove yourself an idiot with every post,none of those play the roll Barnes is utilised for.the nearest is Painter and he covered himself in glory with the CFM2009 twats on here like you

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I was merely stating any player can score an nice strike. The goal on the YouTube vid is from the Cardiff game. Striker should score regularly or offer something else if not. Barnes does neither.

D

Deleted member 2719

Are you one of these fans that is gonna hate him no matter what he does? He is a striker not a winger. He is only 22 and has scored almost 30 goals for us in 18 months! Give him a break will ya!

I am a massive CMS fan but he has missed more sitters than Barnes this season, but he don't get the stick that Barnes gets.

I agree. without knocking CMS he probably has had more poor touches on the ball also. They both are not playing to their full abilities and we are still winning games so just think when they do get in the zone, look out..............who knows it could just be the Palace game. :)

Don't knock him, he will improve. Still young and his confidence looks a bit low.
He's clearly not a winger, or even a left sided midfield player. Last year he scored 20 odd goals as a CF with Muzza.
For all those who doubt him, I refer you to the 7 goals he's scored this season.
Knows how to take a pen too.
On the other hand, I noticed a few players reluctant to pass to him today when he was the obvious pass.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Wasn't strong enough today holding the ball up and first touch wasn't great. Having said that he still put in a decent shift defensively, he's still learning and does take a good penalty.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
A consolidation season for the whole club,judge him next season but if your only experience is managing BHAFC to the premiership title on your Xbox don't try to tell professionals they dont know what they are doing

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Marvellous. Only on NSC can we have a great win, following a brilliant team performance, and there is a poll slagging off one of the team

Some of you will NEVER be happy unless you are having a moan

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I think given time Barnes will become a good championship player. At the moment I personally do not think he is good enough and not just because he is played out of position. He is young and if he keeps working hard improving his game I am sure he will get there. Certainly would not look at selling him but keep him with the squad, giving him more games and as he improves and definitely deserves a place on the bench. After only half a season in the championship it's to early to write a player off. Look at Sparrow, gone from Mr average to sublime over the last few games.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I was merely stating any player can score an nice strike. The goal on the YouTube vid is from the Cardiff game. Striker should score regularly or offer something else if not. Barnes does neither.
he's barely ever played as a striker this season, thought you would've noticed if you go to all the games? Isn't doing great, same as everyone else these last few months but to call him lazy is ridiculous :facepalm: :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here