Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Irish Fans tonight

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why craic though? Rather than crack? Grinds my gears as Peter Griffin might say...

Er, because 'the craic' is what he was talking about, rather than 'crack' which is something very different.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Really? Blimey, I can only imagine what you'd be like if you were actually Irish, not just a plastic Paddy and that song actually meant something to you.

The f***? Where have I ever claimed to be a Paddy? I enjoy listening to a song sung by supporters and now I am a plastic supporter? Good lord....

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Thought they were dreadful and an embarrassment to football. Every single one of them was decked head to toe in green and had some stupid head gear on.

Fair play to them for travelling in numbers but it's their cup final just getting to the finals so you'd expect them to.

Got to be up their with the Dutch as the biggest wallies when it comes to fans, however they both could be trumped by the French if they manage to get some poultry on to the field.

Thankfully they are out and we won't have to put up with people banging on about how great their fans are for much longer and missing the fact that their team is utter dog shit.

When the Irish lose a game we sing and enjoy ourselves - we don't thrash the place !!!

Actually, I had a response for every post you made here, but you know what I just cannot be arsed. Maybe the less people that respond to you the quicker you will disappear.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
When the Irish lose a game we sing and enjoy ourselves - we don't thrash the place !!!

Actually, I had a response for every post you made here, but you know what I just cannot be arsed. Maybe the less people that respond to you the quicker you will disappear.

Who trashes places when they lose ?

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Never mind what Arthur thinks you were privileged to hear the original version of the Fields of Athenry as opposed to the rip of version fields of anfield road!! Are there even any fields in Anfield Road??

Sure don't you know we Irish love Arthur - Arthur Guinness that is

:):):)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I've no idea what you are harping on about!?! But if you had a response you'd echo it surely? So I'm guessing you actually don't and everything I've said is 100% bang on.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Behave! The only people to blame for what went on that night were the Irish.

Redefining history doesn't work when the incident is documented in great detail.

Unless you consider an Irish player daring to score to be incitement to violence, though.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Behave! The only people to blame for what went on that night were the Irish.

true, I seem to recall the English fans lobbing seats on the Irish fans below were in particular responding to the scared tears of the women and children.

You are obviously being a prick on purpose as the Irish are known for their partying with opposition fans, rather than having running battles.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Redefining history doesn't work when the incident is documented in great detail.

Unless you consider an Irish player daring to score to be incitement to violence, though.

It is documented in great detail which is why I'm surprised you are failing to recognise the provocation the English had that night to do what they did. Granted innocents got hurt that night but you paddies brought that on yourselves I'm afraid.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
It is documented in great detail which is why I'm surprised you are failing to recognise the provocation the English had that night to do what they did. Granted innocents got hurt that night but you paddies brought that on yourselves I'm afraid.

The only provocation of any kind was constant loyalist chanting from England fans followed by a riot when England went a goal down - to which only the security services responded. Your attempt to rewrite history isn't working, as I said.

If you can find any documentation of any description from a reputable source, I'll be utterly amazed - because your attempt at events purely didn't happen.

There has never been trouble at any other International game in Lansdowne or indeed any of our other home venues (Tolka, Croke, Thomond, Dalymount, etc). The England contingent was joined by a number of people who would have been unable to travel to a game at any non UK or Ireland venue (due to the common travel area), but they were still English fans.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The only provocation of any kind was constant loyalist chanting from England fans followed by a riot when England went a goal down - to which only the security services responded. Your attempt to rewrite history isn't working, as I said.

Yeah ok!

I'm not rewriting history in the slightest, the English were bang out of order that night but to say the Irish we're blameless.....well you believe what you want.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses

Thankfully most england fans are decent people. Its the minority of people like you and the 'combat 18's' that cause the problems just like they did at Lansdowne Road that night. Were you there? Did you see the alleged provocation that the irish gave the english. If not then perhaps you might like to stop talking now, because everything you say seems to be utter rubbish and complete nonsence.

By the way you might recall that Brighton football team came to Ireland for their pre-season matches on vatious occasions. They were made very welcome by the Irish and enjoyed their time here. Were you at the Longford game?

Irish people have been involved with the club both as players and management and there are many long standing connections between Brighton and Ireland. So you see the Irish and English can get on very well together until some idiot chooses to try to stir things up - just like you are doing now.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah ok!

I'm not rewriting history in the slightest, the English were bang out of order that night but to say the Irish we're blameless.....well you believe what you want.

Its you who's believing an alternative plotline, I'm going with what actually happened, at a game I was at and which it would appear you probably 'attended' via the back pages of a tabloid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here