Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town fan here and I come in peace.

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
It makes me laugh when opposition fans start complaining of time wasting when Casper has the ball at his feet, are they really that retarded that they don't understand the basic football rules ? If the balls at his feet then it is in open play, go and get the ball, tackle him. If Gordon Greer was stood there with the ball at his feet would they scream at him ? Twats.

Read my previous post about it, and try replying with a better response.

"The game is football, not standing still with the ball at your feet. If you were 1-0 it would make a bit more sense, when it's 0-0 in the 25th minute, it's ridiculous. If our strikers would have closed him down, that would have left gaps for your goalie to pass to your defenders (who would then pass it back to the keeper again)." Football is entertainment, that was an embarrassment to football. I haven't ever seen anyone do that in the 25th min when it's 0-0 FFS.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You were good today, but I think you played us at our best.
Gus out!

Well done on the result, sorry about the 'fan'. Idiots.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Listen fella you're missing the point, if you want the ball, go get it, that's our game plan. Scream at your players for not pressuring him into hoofing it down field.
We played that way last season and romped the league, we've played that way this season and are 5th. If you don't like it, well I'm sorry about that I don't give a flying f*** ! Its serving us ok and that's all I really care about.
What does make me laugh was your fans behind the goal screaming like banshees for the ref to book him for time wasting, clearly not understanding the rule as it was in open play :dunce:

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
Listen fella you're missing the point, if you want the ball, go get it, that's our game plan. Scream at your players for not pressuring him into hooding it down field.
We played that way last s Eason and romped the league, we've played that way this season and are 5th. If you don't like, well I'm sorry about that I don't give a flying f*** ! Its serving us ok and that's all I really care about.
What does make me laugh was your fans behind the goal screaming like banshees for the ref to book him for time wasting, clearly not understanding the rule as it was in open play :dunce:

No, you're missing the point, no one was screaming to book him. If our strikers close him down, that leaves gaps. Football is entertainment, standing still with the ball at your feet is not entertainment. As I have said, several times now, if it was the last 10 mins and you were 1-0 up, then fine. Not in the 25th minute!! You've just had some winning momentum from last season. You will start to drop now that you haven't won in a few games and you're defence is awful, drop like a stone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only because you didn't make him kick it. The onus is on your forwards to stop him doing it.
No it's not, the game is football, not standing still with the ball at your feet. If you were 1-0 it would make a bit more sense, when it's 0-0 in the 25th minute, it's ridiculous. If our strikers would have closed him down, that would have left gaps for your goalie to pass to your defenders (who would then pass it back to the keeper again).
Er, yes it is. Just because you don't like it, and you're not entertained, doesn't mean he has to kick it. Our keeper wants to create gaps, but you want your team to drop back, we punt it into the 'danger area', you get the ball, we drop back, you punt it into the 'danger area'. That may be entertainment to you, but I prefer to watch a passing style, and if your team wants the ball they'll have to win it. Which, unfortnately, they seem to do without problem.

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
Er, yes it is. Just because you don't like it, and you're not entertained, doesn't mean he has to kick it. Our keeper wants to create gaps, but you want your team to drop back, we punt it into the 'danger area', you get the ball, we drop back, you punt it into the 'danger area'. That may be entertainment to you, but I prefer to watch a passing style, and if your team wants the ball they'll have to win it. Which, unfortnately, they seem to do without problem.

Erm, we seemed to pass it around your players easily enough without Stockdale having the ball at his feet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, you're missing the point, no one was screaming to book him. If our strikers close him down, that leaves gaps. Football is entertainment, standing still with the ball at your feet is not entertainment. As I have said, several times now, if it was the last 10 mins and you were 1-0 up, then fine. Not in the 25th minute!! You've just had some winning momentum from last season. You will start to drop now that you haven't won in a few games and you're defence is awful, drop like a stone.

Football is actually about results, entertainment is secondary. I'm afraid YOU are the one missing the point. Did you feel entertained when you were hammered by Southampton and Peterborough? The ball was in play then as well I would suggest.

Drop like a stone? Maybe, but our style has received many plaudits and works well for us. Don't forget 2 years Ago we were near the bottom of league one. Hopefully we'll consolidate this season and push on in the future.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Oh I'm sorry that little old Brighton didn't entertain you :dunce: I'll tell you what though I was very entertained when we got promoted last season.
And thanks for stating the obvious, did you not think we realised that our defence is the problem after shipping 9 goals in three games ?
I also thin Gus can see that too, and will enter the loan market to address that problem.
For what it's worth, you're a very good side, with some very good players, your grounds a good old fashioned stadium, but a bit shit, but strangely I love the old grounds steeped in history.

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
Football is actually about results, entertainment is secondary. I'm afraid YOU are the one missing the point. Did you feel entertained when you were hammered by Southampton and Peterborough? The ball was in play then as well I would suggest.

Drop like a stone? Maybe, but our style has received many plaudits and works well for us. Don't forget 2 years Ago we were near the bottom of league one. Hopefully we'll consolidate this season and push on in the future.

True, you are right, but it was boring. Just frustration I suppose. I have never seen a team do that so early in the game though. You wanted our strikers to close him down which leaves gaps, which is why our strikers were clever enough not to close him down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Erm, we seemed to pass it around your players easily enough without Stockdale having the ball at his feet.
Yes, but that's not what you were arguing about. Teddy said the onus was on you to make Casper kick it, you said 'No it's not, the game is football, not standing with the ball at your feet'. Gus likes his team to build from the back, and if they're under a bit of pressure the goalie will stand with the ball if he has to.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
True, you are right, but it was boring. Just frustration I suppose. I have never seen a team do that so early in the game though. You wanted our strikers to close him down which leaves gaps, which is why our strikers were clever enough not to close him down.
We do it from the first minute, its how we play. Draw the forward and take him out of the game. If the forwards don't close him down we'll take the 0-0 :)

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove

It's called chess football
If Brighton didn't do it I would hate it but we do do it and so I love it and it riles the opposition which is even better

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You wanted our strikers to close him down which leaves gaps, which is why our strikers were clever enough not to close him down.
Which meant that we could keep the ball and go into the break level.

I am afraid you are quite an ignorant individual aren't you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's funny when it all goes pear shaped though, class shone through in the end.
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, you've hardly had the best start to the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here