Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town fan here and I come in peace.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's where you are at the end, not the beginning, which is what some of you fail to realise.

Read some of the other threads on this forum and you'll see that we do realise it. We have played 10 games and lost 3. We know that there are deficiencies in our squad which may be shored up by loan players and/or the January transfer window. You have ex Prem players whereas none of our squad have played above Championship level. My prediction before the season started was top ten so I am delighted with our start, and I know that Poyet isn't going to sit back wringing his hands and not do anything to improve the squad.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Having said that, Vicente has played above Championship standard!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's where you are at the end, not the beginning, which is what some of you fail to realise.
You've only just joined the forum, so I don't want to judge too quickly, but you're a bit of an idiot aren't you. Who here fails to realise that it's where you are at the end that counts?

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
You've only just joined the forum, so I don't want to judge too quickly, but you're a bit of an idiot aren't you. Who here fails to realise that it's where you are at the end that counts?

I was reading the the prediction thread before the game, showed a touch of arrogance apart from a select few. Getting a touch ahead of yourselves aren't you? Idiot.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
Done us alright?????
Leicester outclassed
Leeds 3 goals conceded at home
CP 3 goals conceded at home & outplayed 70 minutes at home
Ipswich - outclassed & another 3 goals

Serious problems now exposed. Be honest.

so the way we play has made us champions and 5th in the championship after 10 games, not bad at all!
west ham, leicester, southampton, boro, blackpool, hull, leeds, cardiff, derby....all these teams will be pushing for promotion and we are in the middle of them and you're complaining, i personally could not of dreamed for a better start, even though its no different now then it was 4 games ago! if us and Ipswich got near these teams i'd be happy and suprised, dont think either team are as good as those teams but we'll see, hopefully both teams can push further up but dont see it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was reading the the prediction thread before the game, showed a touch of arrogance apart from a select few. Getting a touch ahead of yourselves aren't you? Idiot.
Well firstly, I didn't predict an albion win, so I'm hardly getting ahead of myself. And looking at the Ipswich v BHA score predictor, and not many were predicting a Brighton win, so WTF are you on about? If I went on your board to see your predictions for your game against Peterborough I don't suppose many of you would have guessed close to the result - does that make you all arrogant and getting ahead of yourselves? Hardly.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
No it's not, the game is football, not standing still with the ball at your feet. If you were 1-0 it would make a bit more sense, when it's 0-0 in the 25th minute, it's ridiculous. If our strikers would have closed him down, that would have left gaps for your goalie to pass to your defenders (who would then pass it back to the keeper again).

No, you're missing the point, no one was screaming to book him. If our strikers close him down, that leaves gaps. Football is entertainment, standing still with the ball at your feet is not entertainment. As I have said, several times now, if it was the last 10 mins and you were 1-0 up, then fine. Not in the 25th minute!! You've just had some winning momentum from last season. You will start to drop now that you haven't won in a few games and you're defence is awful, drop like a stone.

True, you are right, but it was boring. Just frustration I suppose. I have never seen a team do that so early in the game though. You wanted our strikers to close him down which leaves gaps, which is why our strikers were clever enough not to close him down.

Throughout your posts you actually do get it, but also confuse it in your mind with something else.

As you say if your strikers close him down it creates gaps, exactly what we want

Unfortunately with the repeated mantra of 'so early in the game' and 'if you were 1 nil up' and 'if it was the last 10 mins', you seem to be confusing strategy with timewasting. It is not timewasting, it is trying to create space, as you have said.
Many teams do not like it, especially if we win.

Oh and Ankers has other ways of timewasting if we are in the lead near the end of a game, his yellow cards are testament to that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this is a massive cut down for all the goons who keep banging on about play offs , if we do play offs i will eat a bucket of donkey shit .....!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here