Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town fan here and I come in peace.

reesoid

Oct 1, 2011
no need to come in peace. i think away fans should be made welcome here. good you came on here even after having a bad experiance with an Albion fan.as to the streak of pi$$ that started on you.sorry to here. you are the "bigger man"

Come over to www twtd co uk (put fullstops where spaces are), we enjoy some good banter.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
this
i would say apart from 3 on todays performance,fancied them to do well at the start,and im sure if chopra stays fit,willbe up their.
Atmosphere very poor from both sets of fans.
Im not the usual slagging off type on here,but dicker had the poorest game ive ever seen from him,should of come off half time,and think poyet should of made changes earlier

Really? Which players other than Bullard and perhaps Scotland...... Chopra over CMS? Not for me......

Agree re Dicker.

Last edited:

PeteSA2011

Sep 28, 2011
Come over to www twtd co uk (put fullstops where spaces are), we enjoy some good banter.

thats what following football should be about. bit of banter. bit of friendly rivalry. not some spotty great streak of pi$$ having a go to improve his ego ???

reesoid

Oct 1, 2011
thats what following football should be about. bit of banter. bit of friendly rivalry. not some spotty great streak of pi$$ having a go to improve his ego ???

I'm surprised "Does your boyfriend, does your boyfriend, does your boyfriend know you're here, does your boyfriend know you're here?" didn't get an airing.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Only because you didn't make him kick it. The onus is on your forwards to stop him doing it.

A thousand times this. If Ankegren has the ball and it is in play, why should he just kick it up field? We will not win it if we hoof it up field so Casper is charged with holding the ball until the oppos players move, then he will pass it to a free man. This is how we play, today was the first time this season that he has really done it properly, for me.

PeteSA2011

Sep 28, 2011
I am old enough to remeber when ipswich had a away fa cup game at the den. shown on tv. felt sorry for the genuiene ipswich fans who had made the trip. some things never change? there will always be some twat trying to massage there ego throuhg football violence and trying to be a "someone"

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I am old enough to remeber when ipswich had a away fa cup game at the den. shown on tv. felt sorry for the genuiene ipswich fans who had made the trip. some things never change? there will always be some twat trying to massage there ego throuhg football violence and trying to be a "someone"

That was the famous Millwall 1-6 Ipswich FA Cup game from 1978.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Your fans were fantastic today, made a lot of noise. I sit in the south stand and it annoys me how no one sings. You looked good, Vincente's goal was class, but so were our 3. You were good today, but I think you played us at our best.

But, I will end on a sour note. One of your fans after the game thought he was "big" by starting on me. I am probably one of the skinniest 19 year olds you will ever see and this "big" man decided he would pick on me. Well done mate, hope it made you feel better.

Overall, was a good game, your fans were excellent and you should do well this year.

Really sorry you had hassle off of one of our "fans".I noticed several of our followers being asked to move on by your stewards towards the end of the game and rightly so.I'm all for banter but some people have to cross the line.
I wonder if this was anything to do with our tickets being on general sale and not just for season ticket holders.

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
Only because you didn't make him kick it. The onus is on your forwards to stop him doing it.

No it's not, the game is football, not standing still with the ball at your feet. If you were 1-0 it would make a bit more sense, when it's 0-0 in the 25th minute, it's ridiculous. If our strikers would have closed him down, that would have left gaps for your goalie to pass to your defenders (who would then pass it back to the keeper again).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No it's not, the game is football, not standing still with the ball at your feet. If you were 1-0 it would make a bit more sense, when it's 0-0 in the 25th minute, it's ridiculous. If our strikers would have closed him down, that would have left gaps for your goalie to pass to your defenders (who would then pass it back to the keeper again).

Possession football meaning when you have the ball, the opposition have to win it. It also slows the pace of the game down, especially on a hot day, to conserve energy. It's perfectly legal but frustrating for the other team. Chalton complained to the referee about it last December and the ref laughed, saying 'It's up to you to go and get it'

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
Possession football meaning when you have the ball, the opposition have to win it. It also slows the pace of the game down, especially on a hot day, to conserve energy. It's perfectly legal but frustrating for the other team. Chalton complained to the referee about it last December and the ref laughed, saying 'It's up to you to go and get it'

It's boring, I don't mind it for a bit, to build up play, but you weren't. You just kept passing sideways between your defenders and your goalie, not going forward.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's boring, I don't mind it for a bit, to build up play, but you weren't. You just kept passing sideways between your defenders and your goalie, not going forward.

Yes, that's how they are told to play it. I know it's boring but it's still football.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

It might be boring but it made us Champions last season and it's put us 5th in the Championship after 10 games so I'll live with it.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Talking to some Tractor Boys after the game most of who had a sensible perspective however few of them seemed to understand until reminded that when the ball is in play Ankergren can legitimately stand there with the ball as long as he likes, especially if Ipswich don't bother to put him under pressure. It may not be pretty from their viewpoint but we retain possession and play out from the back. Having mulled that over they admitted that in the past they have resorted to hoofing long balls ball to a lone striker which mostly gives possession away but have rectified that in their last few games which they felt has helped them turn the corner. Of course it helps when they come against a generous defence like the Albion's was today...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some of our fans must have some behaviour change issue when on the road, it gets plain stupid at times and totally cringeworthy

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It makes me laugh when opposition fans start complaining of time wasting when Casper has the ball at his feet, are they really that retarded that they don't understand the basic football rules ? If the balls at his feet then it is in open play, go and get the ball, tackle him. If Gordon Greer was stood there with the ball at his feet would they scream at him ? Twats.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Your fans were fantastic today, made a lot of noise. I sit in the south stand and it annoys me how no one sings. You looked good, Vincente's goal was class, but so were our 3. You were good today, but I think you played us at our best.

But, I will end on a sour note. One of your fans after the game thought he was "big" by starting on me. I am probably one of the skinniest 19 year olds you will ever see and this "big" man decided he would pick on me. Well done mate, hope it made you feel better.

Overall, was a good game, your fans were excellent and you should do well this year.

sorry someone started on you mate. There is no excusing that sort of behaviour.
That said the tier beneath us instant reaction to all three goals was to turn round and give it large to us, and it looked like your family stand!?! There were some right mugs in there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
its done alright for us so far! i see ipswich as a normal team, nothing special, so many weakness' that will result in mid table at best!....not saying that we're better!

Done us alright?????
Leicester outclassed
Leeds 3 goals conceded at home
CP 3 goals conceded at home & outplayed 70 minutes at home
Ipswich - outclassed & another 3 goals

Serious problems now exposed. Be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here