Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 5

BrightonSeagulls

Aug 7, 2010
Hove
So what are the new features on the iPhone 5? cant find anywhere that sums it up properly, dont know whether what im hearing is true or not

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
So what are the new features on the iPhone 5? cant find anywhere that sums it up properly, dont know whether what im hearing is true or no

Software-wise, not much. Absolutely nothing, in fact, if you have a 4S (that can get the same out of the new iOS6).

Hardware-wise: 4G capability, more powerful processor (twice as fast as 4S allegedly), bigger screen, thinner/lighter/etc.

BrightonSeagulls

Aug 7, 2010
Hove
Software-wise, not much. Absolutely nothing, in fact, if you have a 4S (that can get the same out of the new iOS6).

Hardware-wise: 4G capability, more powerful processor (twice as fast as 4S allegedly), bigger screen, thinner/lighter/etc.

So im guessing what i heard about the fingerprint scanner was lies?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

will be interesting to see if its anywhere near this once benchmarked, i have a suspicion they've doubled the clock speed and claimed its twice as fast. old hands will know clock speed increases do not equate to real world increases.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
For £46 a month on Orange, the iPhone 5 is also free, there's also unlimited calls & texts, but you get three times as much data (3GB) on the faster 4G network. Why would anyone do that on O2?

This is tempting for me however

Buy the phone sim-free from Apple £529
Buy a PAYG contract from one of the many that are doing deals. Recommend checking o2, GiffGaff, Orange and 2 network. Get a nano-sim and away you go.

I do like this idea... but if i get a pay as u go chip on an iphone how does the data usage costs etc work.. dont pay as u go chips work out more expensive?

My worry is i'll buy the iphone and get a pay as u go chip, but will not be able to do anything on the phone as it all costs too much..

I havent had a pay as u go phone for a while... do you get unlimited texts or minutes?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
This is tempting for me however

I do like this idea... but if i get a pay as u go chip on an iphone how does the data usage costs etc work.. dont pay as u go chips work out more expensive?

My worry is i'll buy the iphone and get a pay as u go chip, but will not be able to do anything on the phone as it all costs too much..

I havent had a pay as u go phone for a whFile... do you get unlimited texts or minutes?

Giffgaff. £10 top up a month = UNLIMITED texts, UNLIMITED internet access and 250 minutes a month. Can't beat it, just have to wait for them to get up to speed with the nano sim

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Giffgaff. £10 top up a month = UNLIMITED texts, UNLIMITED internet access and 250 minutes a month. Can't beat it, just have to wait for them to get up to speed with the nano sim

Jesus... that's awsome... did not have a clue... free sms, internet and 250 mins... i am defo doing that... sweet cheers bez...

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
O2 out of stock on White iPhone upgrades, maybe thats a sign i should get the black.

Think im going to get a £26 a month on a 32GB. Over 2 years its £923. I'd have to get a SIM only under £13.50 to make it cheaper buying from Apple.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
cool thanks... can i transfer my number with them and will giff gaff work with the new iphone 5?

No to the latter. Not for a while anyway. GiffGaff haven't got the Nano SIM required for the iPhone 5.

This is a source of much annoyance to me, having been with GiffGaff, and very happy about it, for some time now.

BTW - the £10 goody bag including unlimited internet will not be around for much longer - looks like that will be £13. Still cheap as chips, but just in case those extra £3 mean something for someone...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
No to the latter. Not for a while anyway. GiffGaff haven't got the Nano SIM required for the iPhone 5.

This is a source of much annoyance to me, having been with GiffGaff, and very happy about it, for some time now.

BTW - the £10 goody bag including unlimited internet will not be around for much longer - looks like that will be £13. Still cheap as chips, but just in case those extra £3 mean something for someone...
Cheers Bozza, thats annoying about the giff gaff nano sim..is there a date for the sim update?

Is it worth me getting that £10 sim now before the price goes up to £13?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cheers Bozza, thats annoying about the giff gaff nano sim..is there a date for the sim update?

Is it worth me getting that £10 sim now before the price goes up to £13?

1. I don't believe so, no. The last thing I saw was 'in the coming months' or similar.

2. No. It will be £13 for everyone from the time they impose it.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Anyone heard what to plan is for getting nano sims from o2? I am on contract and just need the swim swapped for the new iphone, I really don't want to have to go to the o2 store next Friday to queue up for one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here