Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 4 or Samsung Galaxy S2

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
my boss is in to techie gadget and used several different models before settling on the Samsung SII. he reckons its much better the 3G he had before, though he isnt tied into itunes. also, the battery is acknowledged to be poor without changing configuration. the general verdict from him (and others using other devices too) is that Andriod is great if you havent used IPhone, or are tech enough to relearn the differences and tweek a bit. in a nutshell, Iphones for novices and itune users, Andriod (Samsung or HTC) for more advanced users.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
my boss is in to techie gadget and used several different models before settling on the Samsung SII. he reckons its much better the 3G he had before, though he isnt tied into itunes. also, the battery is acknowledged to be poor without changing configuration. the general verdict from him (and others using other devices too) is that Andriod is great if you havent used IPhone, or are tech enough to relearn the differences and tweek a bit. in a nutshell, Iphones for novices and itune users, Andriod (Samsung or HTC) for more advanced users.

Or to frame it a different way, iPhones are often bought by people that want gadgets to be easy to use rather than having to piss around with low-level settings and configurations.

Last edited:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I personally would go with the Samsung or latest HTC model. They offer a lot more flexibility than the iPhone, with simple things like being able to put different SD cards in. At present I have an HTC Desire, which I got last May, and am thinking about upgrading at some point, but do not see the point in getting an iPhone4 or 5 when it comes out.

I did like Apple products in the past, and had an Apple 2e and 2c when I was young but nowadays Apple is all about image.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Or to frame it a different way, iPhones are often bought by people that want gadgets to be easy to use rather than having to piss around with low-level settings and configurations.

you dont "have" to play with the settings, only to get the maximum out of the OS and hardware. i would frame it in a car analogy. an iphone is a ford focus, great to get in and go and perfect for those having always driven fords. andriod is a subaru impreza, more power and handling available and lots of modding options for even more. at the end of the day though, they both do the same core functions.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Nothing but nothing can come anywhere near to an Iphone 4 END OF !!!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Another vote for the iPhone here, I don't think it's anything to do with the fact its "fashionable" to have an iPhone as some are saying, there's a reason iPhone dominate the Market... And also why are some people denying themselves a proven product just because they don't like the company ? Isn't that like cutting off your nose to spite your face ?
I guess some people just like to be different for the sake of being different.

It really doesn't bother me what phone people choose to own but I know for me I would opt for the iPhone at the drop of a hat

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham

+1
My 3gs was, a cool phone with a decent stereo, internet and some cool apps.
My G2 is a computer that also takes calls and plays music

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Another vote for the iPhone here, I don't think it's anything to do with the fact its "fashionable" to have an iPhone as some are saying, there's a reason iPhone dominate the Market...

But they don't do they? Android has a bigger market share than Apple now. And its getting bigger.

Some people are quite blinkered. My guess is the people on here that are saying "get an iphone its the best in the world" have never used an alternative.

The iphone is good. The samsung2 is good the latest offering from htc is good. I'm not sure id say one is any better than the other but its down to personnel preference.

Get into a refurbished carphone warehouse. They've got l the phones out live so toy can have a good play with them.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I have an iphone which is great. My wife who did have an iphone has switched to desire s reckons it is a better phone and she is an apple fan. Main drawback on iphone for me is i-tunes which is terrible for importing music.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I got the Galaxy S2 in white yesterday - I love it already. It is my first ever 'smart' phone and it seems to be able to do everything and more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Main drawback on iphone for me is i-tunes which is terrible for importing music.

Really? In what way?

iTunes has undoubtedly become completely bloaty as the functions of the devices it supports has grown and grown but if you are having any trouble with music you must be doing something wrong, although I'm struggling to understand how you could.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Debate how now changed between HTC Sensation and the Samsung Galaxy Sii ... if the Samsung had the aluminium casing that would be the answer no doubt. I'm fairly clumsy I guess, the iPhone 3G I broke was because I dropped it!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Really? In what way?

iTunes has undoubtedly become completely bloaty as the functions of the devices it supports has grown and grown but if you are having any trouble with music you must be doing something wrong, although I'm struggling to understand how you could.

Well you cant copy from your player to your hard drive and it trys to sync to the machine your using so it's constantly trying to delete music loaded on a different computer. This makes loading music from more than one pc a real pain. The interface is not intuitive ( something apple are usually really good at). I tunes constantly tries to change your settings ( no i dont want crappy quicktime as default video player)

I had a creative player and that was so simple to manage music, i-tunes is an unwieldy nightmare in comparison.

I love my Nokia N8 and Anna just makes it better!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
But they don't do they? Android has a bigger market share than Apple now. And its getting bigger.

Some people are quite blinkered. My guess is the people on here that are saying "get an iphone its the best in the world" have never used an alternative.

The iphone is good. The samsung2 is good the latest offering from htc is good. I'm not sure id say one is any better than the other but its down to personnel preference.

Get into a refurbished carphone warehouse. They've got l the phones out live so toy can have a good play with them.

I'm not blinkered at all my wife has a htc we both prefer the iPhone.
Erm......... Android is not a phone mate it's an operating system which is available on multiple phones good & bad so yes iPhone are the dominant force

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
I've always been an Apple buyer, but have just switched from the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S2 and don't regret it a bit. Without doubt, the S2 is the most impressive bit of kit i've ever used.

Unlike most Android phones, you don't have to mess about with the config (or 'root' it) - it's pretty much perfect straight out of the box.

Also, I got it free for £20 per month with 500mins & 500 texts. Can't go wrong with that deal.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I've always been an Apple buyer, but have just switched from the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S2 and don't regret it a bit. Without doubt, the S2 is the most impressive bit of kit i've ever used.

Unlike most Android phones, you don't have to mess about with the config (or 'root' it) - it's pretty much perfect straight out of the box.

Also, I got it free for £20 per month with 500mins & 500 texts. Can't go wrong with that deal.

That's a brilliant deal mate, I'm liking the sound of not having to sod around tinkering with it too much aswell.... Well until
You get used the phone a bit 1st, I think that may have been what's generally put me off in the past

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Got my first Iphone last week, don't know how I've survived so long without it. But I imagine all all of these new smart phones that come out now are all just as impressive, I just went for the Iphone 4 because it was free from 3 after threatening to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here