Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 4 or Samsung Galaxy S2

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
will be my first one, was tempted to go for the iphone 4 but didnt want to be a lemming and follow everyone else lol

actually, anyone remember the game Lemmings? was so addictive

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
galaxy - itunes, the fact that the iphone has now become part of fasion and apple being really restrictive are the main reasons

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Juice defender ultimate from the android app Market. Doubles the battery life. Costs a fiver but worth it IMO. Got a samsung galaxy s2 with that app loaded on it. Awesome.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Juice defender ultimate from the android app Market. Doubles the battery life. Costs a fiver but worth it IMO. Got a samsung galaxy s2 with that app loaded on it. Awesome.

Definitely agree with this, but battery life is still a bit of a downside. Irrespective, it's the best phone on the market right now.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
You can bicker all day about this that and the other but the iPhone is made of glass and metal. Looks and feels like quality because it is. The samsung and all others are plastic.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I'm also debating whether to get an iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy S2. One of the things that attracts me to the iPhone is a dictaphone app or sorts that allows you to record sound at a high quality, because I'm at uni and I'd like to be able to record my lectures. Does anyone know what the second recording quality of the Galaxy S2 is like?

Randomly a few months ago I wrote an app that was designed to record microphone input on both an iPhone and Android handsets - the iPhone allowed developers better control on accessing the mic data whereas Android was either raw data (huge file sizes with no way of processing it easily) or super compressed AM radio quality.

Not sure if that helps with your choice but I guess it suggests that the quality of a dictaphone app on an Apple handset from the store/market might be better than the equivalent Android one.

I currently have an iPhone 4 and am quite happy with my choice but a Galaxy S2 is one phone that would turn my head if I didn't have so much money invested in iPhone apps.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I heard that Apple took Samsung to court due to the fact they are a complete rip off of the iPhones interface and they actually won so the samsung will actually be taken off the Market very soon.

Ihave used both as my girlfriend has the samsung and personally i have an iPhone 4, got to say the Samsung isn't in the same league in my opinion.

IPhone 5 will be out shortly, there's going to be an announcement this month!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You can bicker all day about this that and the other but the iPhone is made of glass and metal. Looks and feels like quality because it is. The samsung and all others are plastic.

I agree that the Samsungs are a bit plasticky, which is why I didn't buy one when I had the chance. However this is not the case with all Android powered handsets. Some of the HTC models are just as well built and good looking as the iPhone. My Desire S has a lovely solid feel with its aluminium case

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
So, is there a phone in the same sort of class with better battery life?

If you know what u'r doing, get a G2, root it then install the cognition rom, it's a version of android built for battery life on the G2.

it's only really wifi that eats battery, 3g's pretty bad but wifi is 10 times worse.
The iphone4's battery spanks the G2 out of the box.

If Nokia get good battery life out of the windows phone everything could change.
But manufacturers deliberately make battery life pony because people tend to buy a new phone when the battery dies, so they make it so it lasts 2 years tops

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Amazing that someone would consider a copycat company's phone over the iPhone...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Deep down, you know you want an iPhone. Don't play this futile game with yourself. You know what you want so go and get it. Stop fooling yourself.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I currently have an iPhone 4 and am quite happy with my choice but a Galaxy S2 is one phone that would turn my head if I didn't have so much money invested in iPhone apps.

I'm not an iphone4 fan but I'm fairly sure the iphone5 with the software update will spank all other phones in October, as long as you are happy to be tied into apple so much; iOS5 will break the ties to itunes on u'r puter, cos they've copied a few android features.

Keep an eye out for nokia windows phones & the new blackberries tho, now google have bought motorola-mobile android might fade a bit.

Sent from my G2 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you are able to wait, do so and see what iPhone 5 brings.

The worst that happens is that the iPhone 5 doesn't bring too much more in which case look at Android again. Of course, as is the case with that ecosystem, the S2 will be old hat and there will be at least 4 or 5 bigger/better/faster/lighter/processier/graphicier Android phones to choose from or you could still get the S2 which will be around the pricepoint of coming free in a packet of cornflakes by then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here