Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 4 launch today at 8.02

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
There is very limited stock so if you don't get in first you are likely to have to wait weeks.

Has no one else ever queued for anything? Football tickets, concert tickets? It's exactly the same.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm in the group of people wondering why the hell someone would queue at 6am in the morning for a phone, that isn't going to be that much different to the previous version. I just don't get it :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is very limited stock so if you don't get in first you are likely to have to wait weeks.

Has no one else ever queued for anything? Football tickets, concert tickets? It's exactly the same.

Tickets for a football match or a concert are a bit different though, as you're talking about a one-off event with a strictly limited number available. You miss out and its tough shit.

But an iPhone or a Harry Potter book though - you can get one of them whenever. OK so you might have to wait a few days, whats the big deal ? You've managed to survive an entire lifetime up until this moment without it.

I just CANNOT get my head around people setting their alarms and getting out of bed to queue up for a phone, or a book, or a game or whatever, when the market is going to be FLOODED with them soon anyway.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I enjoyed it actually, a real buzz in the queue everyone having a laugh and the time flies by then.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I'm intrigued as to how many are queueing outside the Apple shop? I've got one reserved for collection today at Apple, but decided against it and will wait for 5 next year instead. I've only had my 3GS for 4 months anyway

What are you wearing wehatepalace? Wanna see if can pick you out from Brett's stalking picture taken outside the O2 shop lol

Went past Regent Street store at 10.30am: looked like the rush was over: queue was barely out of the shop and almost as many stewards as shoppers

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Went past Regent Street store at 10.30am: looked like the rush was over: queue was barely out of the shop and almost as many stewards as shoppers

they have STEWARDS?! i've heard it all now :facepalm:

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
After 4.5hrs of queuing with a raging hangover....and wearing flip flops....i finally have my shiney new 4G.

Now to get it set up and see if it was worth the pain.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I'm intrigued as to how many are queueing outside the Apple shop? I've got one reserved for collection today at Apple, but decided against it and will wait for 5 next year instead. I've only had my 3GS for 4 months anyway

What are you wearing wehatepalace? Wanna see if can pick you out from Brett's stalking picture taken outside the O2 shop lol

36127_10150212577915532_641880531_13174549_6169029_n.jpg

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
also Easy when they can order online and have it DELIVERED....IDIOTS :lolol:
No can't order online yet, have to go to the shop for it and they only have limited stock, but yeah could've waited until it's online but speaking to the staff in the shop that won't be for at least a month more, likely early August.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This.

Honestly, I am just left utterly bemused at people who simply HAVE to have the latest gadget / game / book / phone / cheesecake the very SECOND it gets released. I mean how can people actually be ARSED to get up early and go and stand in a queue for hours and hours and hours at a time, when they could just *deep breath* WAIT an extra day or two, then wander in at leisure and pick one up ? Or order one off the interbob and have it delivered the next day ?

Other than a ticket to a maHOOsive football match, I don't think there is anything in the world I'd be pissing my pants so desperately for as to waste my time standing around all morning and half the night before waiting for a shop to open.

Wierdos.

And post on a message board presumably using the earlier version whilst in the queue. Nice to have the cash to spurge on a toy

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here