Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 4 launch today at 8.02

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Not saying they can't, but Apple do it in such a way as to stifle OEM's from using the same technology, therefore driving their customers up Cul-de-Sac land with no hope of escape........

Once your suckered in to buying their kit, they sink their talons in even deeper and there's no letting go...........

It's dubious as to wether their kit is 'improved' or not, especially if it does things that you cannot control, bit like buying a car and finding that it can only be serviced by the AA or RAC and will only take one oil company's fuel ( owned by the manufacturer of course ), or uses left hand threads everywhere.........

Apples I-tunes is like having a char lady come into your house and throw out all the music in your collection that she doesn't like, and telling you that if you want to replace it you have to go to the local Our-Price ( who only stock the chart rubbish and won't order the records you want ), and not HMV or an independant.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Just because a company doesn't produce the first something doesn't mean they can't produce the best or at least improve upon previous efforts, otherwise nobody would bother would they? Its called evolution - otherwise we would all still be driving around in Model-T Fords!

agreed and if that was the case, people would have a lot less to say on the issue, but the iphone isnt the best device or an improvement in many core areas (particularily the most important one - making calls).. I think they have someway to go before they are producing the best out there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, who has the new phone in Brighton/Hove and which network is the cheapest?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Apples I-tunes is like having a char lady come into your house and throw out all the music in your collection that she doesn't like, and telling you that if you want to replace it you have to go to the local Our-Price ( who only stock the chart rubbish and won't order the records you want ), and not HMV or an independant.

Er... no.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not saying they can't, but Apple do it in such a way as to stifle OEM's from using the same technology, therefore driving their customers up Cul-de-Sac land with no hope of escape........

Once your suckered in to buying their kit, they sink their talons in even deeper and there's no letting go...........

It's dubious as to wether their kit is 'improved' or not, especially if it does things that you cannot control, bit like buying a car and finding that it can only be serviced by the AA or RAC and will only take one oil company's fuel ( owned by the manufacturer of course ), or uses left hand threads everywhere.........

what are you on about?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
There no doubting they are nifty bits of kit, but the hype around them when they have so many basic items missing, like bluetooth (didn't actually realise that until reading this), and only since the new software updates have you been able to change the wallpaper, or cut and paste text, or multitask, is rather silly and makes the current and previous versions of the iphone behind the times in many respects. It may have some more fancy features but the fact it missed out a load of run of the mill useful stuff mean it'll never be that great in my eyes.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It does not Multi Task in the true sense of the phrase.

In addition one of the key reasons i went for an HTC Desire was the removable battery. One of the great annoyances of all Smartphones is that they are so damn clever that eat up power like nobodys business. The dilemma you then have particularly if you are travelling, is that you are wanting to play with all the features but you are constantly worrying about preserving enough jice for the core function of making and receiving tel calls.:facepalm:

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
Anyone had any trouble with their iphone 4 cos sky were reporting a problem?

"There is anger among new iPhone 4 owners after it emerged that the device loses signal when held in the user's left hand."

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Best piece of kit I've ever bought. Not seen the antenna problem myself and I really cannot fault it. Does everything i want it to and much much more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here