Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPad Mini en route

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Right so what is the point of the ipod touch now, similar price (although double the space) - is the only real difference that you can put it in your pocket - likewise what is the point of a mini ipad as you still have to carry it around and can't put it in your pocket, you may as well save a bit more money and buy the full size.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£269!

:ohmy: :wozza:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Jun 22, 2011
Im looking at buying three Ipod's, one each for my daughters as xmas presents, not understanding much about Ipad etc are they still the must have items or should I be considering looking at google's new computer thing?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Personally I have a lot of investment in apps via Apple and I will be going for the mini iPad to supplement my Ipad 3

completly understand sticking with Apple, but really have to ask why you'd feel the need to spend £270 on something about 1/3 smaller than what you have, so no more portable, just a bit lighter.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Certainly good value.

Personally I have a lot of investment in apps via Apple and I will be going for the mini iPad to supplement my Ipad 3

For me I just want a cheap tablet to take on mini breaks and short holidays. I am not bothered apps, just want a handy tablet for reading, short internet usage and the odd film so I think the Kindle fire suits me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For me I just want a cheap tablet to take on mini breaks and short holidays. I am not bothered apps, just want a handy tablet for reading, short internet usage and the odd film so I think the Kindle fire suits me.

Tablets are largely rubbish for reading...

- (relatively) short battery life
- glare making outdoors reading very difficult

If I were wanting a cheap tablet, I'd avoid the Kindle Fire, as Amazon restrict heavily what you can do on it meaning a lot of standard Android apps, for example, are not available. For the cost of the Kindle Fire HD you could probably pick up a used/refurbed Kindle for your reading and a Blackberry Playbook. The latter is surprisingly decent and well-made. £129 for a 64gb version means you can load it up with a lot of films and the like for a price well below other 16gb tablets - BLACKBERRY PlayBook Tablet PC - 64 GB - Free Delivery | Currys

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

If I were wanting a cheap tablet, I'd avoid the Kindle Fire, as Amazon restrict heavily what you can do on it meaning a lot of standard Android apps, for example, are not available. For the cost of the Kindle Fire HD you could probably pick up a used/refurbed Kindle for your reading and a Blackberry Playbook. The latter is surprisingly decent and well-made. £129 for a 64gb version means you can load it up with a lot of films and the like for a price well below other 16gb tablets - BLACKBERRY PlayBook Tablet PC - 64 GB - Free Delivery | Currys

I have already got a kindle which I think is a TOP notch bit of kit. I will take a closer look at that BB playbook though. Looks NIFTY.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Tell you what Bozza, that looks spot on. Cheers for the advice.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
completly understand sticking with Apple, but really have to ask why you'd feel the need to spend £270 on something about 1/3 smaller than what you have, so no more portable, just a bit lighter.

First of all I appreciate it's pricey! But the smaller size will be ideal for reading for long periods and surfing the net when out and about. I may even end up selling the iPad if the mini is not too small At least with Apple you can buy and try and return if not satisfied (within the 14 days of course).

D

Deleted member 18477

Are you happy with your iPad3?

If you are, then why does it matter that there is subsequently a newer one? I bought the Ipad2 9 months before yours came out. I love it. There's nothing I need from it, that it doesn't have (although the better cameras would be nice to have).

Yes, I could have waited, but if you think like that, you'd never buy anything, would you?

I expect to have the latest model for at least 12 months!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Got a groupon email this morning, and instead of tickets to go and see Palace, they're offering deals on the iPad 2. Surely Apple should be above Groupon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here