Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPad Mini en route

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can Samsung sue because Apple is using the word Mini??.... surely the 5 day lead that Samsung has regarding announcements would be grounds to litigate all across the world....

I don't think Samsung have a prayer. Not when the iPod Mini came out in 2004.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
circa £250 price point? surey this is the product targetted to sway people away from the Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire. If it's priced at £250 is not going to do that surely?

I'm prime target for this - I'd love an iPAD but cannot afford one. These products are toys essentially and £400 is too much to spend on a toy. Therefore a mini tablet circa £150-£200 is my way forward and top of my list presently (should the IPAD mini be over £200) is the Kindle Fire.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
circa £250 price point? surey this is the product targetted to sway people away from the Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire. If it's priced at £250 is not going to do that surely?

I'm prime target for this - I'd love an iPAD but cannot afford one. These products are toys essentially and £400 is too much to spend on a toy. Therefore a mini tablet circa £150-£200 is my way forward and top of my list presently (should the IPAD mini be over £200) is the Kindle Fire.

The nexus 7 32Gb looks like it will be priced at £199. This will help to push down the price of the existing models and there are already a few deals out there.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

A bloke at work has a Kogan Agora on Android. It's no Ipad but then it wouldn't be for a price mark of £130.

Kogan Agora 10" 16GB Tablet - Buy Android tablets for less at Kogan!

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Neither is mine. The ex went to throw it out the window and it hit the frame. I rather unwisely mocked her throwing ability and she then threw it at me. No amount of good design could stop the wrath of a lady.

Are you Justin Lee Collins?

DanielT

That's the iPod Touch.

This will be in the Nexus 7/Kindle Fire 7" ball park.

http://gizmodo.com/5667101/there-will-never-be-a-7+inch-ipad

I really hope you're right Bozza! Especially after that black-jumpered, idea-stealing (but then claim they innovated), liver-stealing by moving states for a month, pillock said "7-inch tablets are tweeners: too big to compete with a smartphone and too small to compete with the iPad... they're DOA -- dead on arrival."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That looks insanely good value. There has to be a catch, otherwise it would be a best seller shirley?

"Australian manufacturer and retailer Kogan calls its Agora 10in Android tablet the "best value tablet PC in the world". While there is no doubting its competitive price tag, using the Kogan Agora is largely a frustrating and sluggish experience that we find difficult to recommend."

Kogan Agora - reviews - Tablets - PC World Australia

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
"Australian manufacturer and retailer Kogan calls its Agora 10in Android tablet the "best value tablet PC in the world". While there is no doubting its competitive price tag, using the Kogan Agora is largely a frustrating and sluggish experience that we find difficult to recommend."

Kogan Agora - reviews - Tablets - PC World Australia

If being a bit slow and sluggish is the biggest downer it's got, for that price, I might get one for the mrs to pootle around on facebook, she doesn't need all the bells and whistles an iPad offers. Just can't get over the price....they say you pay for what you get, and as I only need something basic for someone who isn't tech minded, it should be enough.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably best to get an Apple device...you are their target market.

Myth. Most of silicon valley uses Apple devices exclusively.

It must hurt living in the marginalised world of Microsoft now, where the iPhone alone earns more money than the whole of Microsoft...

One Apple product, something that didn’t exist five years ago, has higher sales than everything Microsoft has to offer. More than Windows, Office, Xbox, Bing, Windows Phone, and every other product that Microsoft has created since 1975. In the quarter ended March 31, 2012, iPhone had sales of $22.7 billion; Microsoft Corporation, $17.4 billion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If being a bit slow and sluggish is the biggest downer it's got, for that price, I might get one for the mrs to pootle around on facebook, she doesn't need all the bells and whistles an iPad offers. Just can't get over the price....they say you pay for what you get, and as I only need something basic for someone who isn't tech minded, it should be enough.

Wait a week and see what the iPad Mini (or whatever they call it) comes in at. If it's still too pricey, go for the Nexus 7 - Google Play

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Whether its slow or not i couldnt say. The guy who had it is an IT designer and had it primarily for his kids. He was happy enough. For 130 I wouldnt expect whizz bang but i was thinking of investing to keep my eldest quiet and if it is total shite i can afford to write it of.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whether its slow or not i couldnt say. The guy who had it is an IT designer and had it primarily for his kids. He was happy enough. For 130 I wouldnt expect whizz bang but i was thinking of investing to keep my eldest quiet and if it is total shite i can afford to write it of.

I bought my daughter a cheapish Archos Android tablet at around the £150 mark.

I had a play to set it up and I couldn't believe how sluggish it was - it was horrible. Still, I thought she'd be fine with it. I was wrong - having used an iPad extensively, she didn't like it either, and we ended up taking it back and getting a refund.

If your budget is limited, get a Nexus 7 - with Project Butter included in Jelly Bean, it is far more slick than most Android tablet experiences.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That technotards are actually the TARGET market, perhaps. It IS true to say though, that the iPad is a BRILLIANT device for the technically illiterate. My wife who literally has no experience with computers at all, and can barely operate the television, loves the iPad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here