Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I caved and updated this evening. iTunes crashed when it was first updated, but no problems downloading the ipod update. Only problem is that I have 50gb of music, videos and apps, and the restoring is taking some time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Updated mine this afternoon with no problems at all.

Only complaint really is that I can't buy into this whole cloud business as my iMac only just meets the spec for Lion and I've got a nasty feeling it could all grind to a halt or near enough. Have a Macbook too which should be able to cope with it but for now would prefer to be on the same OS. So I'm going to eke every last drop out of MobileMe which I use for keeping my calendar in sync across the two Macs and iPhone... there were rumours that there may be a Snow Leopard update which allows use of iCloud (there really ought to be, otherwise far too many people have no choice but to buy new hardware... ). I'll sit tight and see what happens.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Right, how does this SMS delivery receipt thing work. Just sent a text, got delivered, where should I look for my receipt?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The typing seems a bit slower/sticky than it did before the upgrade.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Right, how does this SMS delivery receipt thing work. Just sent a text, got delivered, where should I look for my receipt?

You mean receipt on iMessage (blue instead of green text)? It says under the message sent whether it has been delivered and then changes (if the person you sent it to has the option turned on) to read.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Says the child who has no idea where in the world I am at the moment!

Your in Brighton, and probably pissed. No, definately pissed!!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A cynic might suggest that that's the idea...

Agreed. They might.. but my Apple equipment has been notable for its longevity. In some ways, that's the biggest single advantage over PCs which get clogged up and grind to a halt so quickly. I could understand if the new IOS doesn't work with Tiger or even Leopard but to be incompatible with the previous OSX seems a bit unreasonable.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
The typing seems a bit slower/sticky than it did before the upgrade.

I agree. I try and type at my old pace, and it just doesn't keep up and ends up doing all sorts.

Loving iCloud, having my calendar automatically updated on my Phone, mac and macbook is great. Notification centre is a great addition as well. Overall well worth updating.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here