Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iOS5

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Im updating an iphone4 and keep getting that, it stops the update, but phone still works (unlike blackberrys)

Looking on Twitter seems to be a problem for lots of people but some have had success restarting the computer and trying again, so here we go again

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
giving up must be a problem with Apple servers (crashes in same place every time), will try again tomorrow

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I keep getting 'cannot restore iPhone'

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
I found something which suggested closing down antivirus which I did and afterwards everything worked OK whereas before I kept getting various error messages. Don't know if that's what fixed it but might be worth trying if you had similar messages to me, especially error 5000 while trying to backup iPhone and 3200 while trying to restore.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The iTunes, Lion and Lion Recovery downloads (totalling over 950mb) whizzed through in less than 6 minutes.

Six minutes ??!? For the past two hours the Software Update dialogue tells me I've got about two hours remaining! And that's on whizzy BT Infinity. Humph.

It's now just passed the 600Mb out of 949 Mb mark.

Six minutes ??!? For the past two hours the Software Update dialogue tells me I've got about two hours remaining! And that's on whizzy BT Infinity. Humph.

It's now just passed the 600Mb out of 949 Mb mark.

I'm on Fibre too - PlusNet rather than BT. I must have got lucky before the iOS5 update had really started to clobber the Apple servers. The 949mb did take only 6 minutes (I even took a photo of the progress bar!)

I started the OSX updates at 18:25ish... The iOS5 download started sometime after 19:00 and slowed down a lot and finally finished about 19:40 I think.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I'm on Fibre too - PlusNet rather than BT. I must have got lucky before the iOS5 update had really started to clobber the Apple servers. The 949mb did take only 6 minutes (I even took a photo of the progress bar!)

I started the OSX updates at 18:25ish... The iOS5 download started sometime after 19:00 and slowed down a lot and finally finished about 19:40 I think.

Yes, I think that you managed to get in before the rush. I'm now wavering between 53 mins and an hour. I hope it is done before the US gets home from work. My Bandwidth-In ranges from adequate to pathetic!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
After a few attempts I got my iPhone updated. Still trying to get the iPad to do the same.

I had trouble accessing the iPhone server with this message: iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable.
I found this solution on this forum on post number 1: 3200 Fix - seriously. - MacRumors Forums
The only difference being that I turned airplane mode on and off at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here