Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iOS 6?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My point being that ALL the updates WOULD work on the iPhone 4. But they've not enabled them. It's not a massive problem. I will just jailbreak the phone and pop them on there. It's just disappointing that you have to go this route when there is no logical explanation for the omission, except for Apple using it as a way to make people pay to upgrade.

no shit sherlock. same with no SD port, no USB, change of dock port, no flash support, move to micro now nano SIMs... all business decisions to make you upgrade or lock you in on their terms. its in the DNA, though its made them a mint doing so. alot of people like the iOS because they do put an awfull lot of effort in to making it work smoothly and consistantly, so they people stay with it and ignore/overlook the downsides. there is competition if you are willing to try a bit different UI. you want a smart phone or an iOS client device?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Apologies if already asked - is it a problem if your wifi cuts out halfway through the download? I've noticed that it pauses the download and wondered whether it can stay like that for a while (overnight?) I don't currently have internet and the library I'm in closes before the download will finish...

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Where can you find out what has changed and how to access it and what does not work on the 4?

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I love Apple products. I have spent thousands on hardware over the past few years, but sometimes you just have to laugh.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 95

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Most of the features mentioned appear not to work or are greyed out on the IP4. So far no panaramic camera or option to send text when called etc.

The send text when called should work, I think. Go to settings > phone > reply with message. Set your messages there. When you get a call, slide up and chose your option.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Anyone had email issues since updating ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bozza is always going on about how Android don't support older versions of their phone, and it takes ages to get an update. But Apple is heading this way. Cutting features out of it's updates to suit them, not the consumer. I buy my products from Apple with the assumption they're supported well, but the further down the product line we go, the less supported we seem to be, despite the hardware being more than capable of taking it.
I was thinking of his comments on Android support when I noticed iOS6 wasn't available for our iPhone 3GS. So only the 4 and 4S can be upgraded. Hardly long lasting support.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Err no. 3gs can run ios6. My wife's is running it fine
Oh ok, cool. My 4S just said a new version was available, but the 3S hasn't noticed it. I looked in settings and couldn't find anything. Any idea what I need to do?

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Oh ok, cool. My 4S just said a new version was available, but the 3S hasn't noticed it. I looked in settings and couldn't find anything. Any idea what I need to do?

Plug it into iTunes and select 'check for updates' or on the phone can you go to settings, general, software update? I don't know if the second option is available via a 3GS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here