Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iOS 6?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Is the Amex on it yet?

Or do they use the same satellite?

It won't load up a high res version of it, but I can make out the stadium if that helps. (Although it looks like it's all brown...?)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Oh and they've done away with youtube, so you'll need to download it from the appstore.

The point exactly?

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
Oh and they've done away with youtube, so you'll need to download it from the appstore.

The point exactly?

Their contract ran out with google, which is why maps is gone too and has been replaced with apple's version. Google didn't renew the contract for youtube because they were losing a lot of ad revenue which apple were taking for themselves.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Oh my word. If you have an iPad, check out the aerials of New York in 3D.
Absolutely mind blowing.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ios 6?

Maps great for looking at major cities but simplicity of street view on google maps more practical IMO

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You will lose google maps and apples version is not very good. A solution is to open safari and type maps.google.com and let it use your current location and then add it to your home screen as an app. It's only make do but at least you have a better map system

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Downloaded it on my iPad and its looking ok, sure i will get used to the new maps. Also got the email saying my iPhone 5 has been dispatched. The better half is having my iPhone 4 so i will sort out upgrading the iOS on it when I pass it to her.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maps are ok, 'satellite' version is shit. YouTube version is iPhone type, so a bit crap on iPad. No doubt these will all be addressed in due course, but ether underwhelming for all the hype.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here