Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inglorious Basterds

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone seen or going to see this Tarantino effort.

It has got a very decent 8.3 on imdb at the moment and is by all accounts Tarantino's best film since Pulp Fiction.

It sounds quite tasty with a bunch of jews " the Inglorious Basterds " sifgting back against the Nazi and SS scum and enacting all manner of hideous deaths and tortures including live scalpings and cutting swastika'z in the heads of the Nazi scum. Hitler even buys it with his face and body being riddled with bullets. All the things we would have loved to happen but alas did not.

Pulp Fiction is his masterpiece 8.8 but this sounds interesting.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
mate saw it last night and enjoyed it...........bit odd that they all clapped at the end??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll be popping along to the kino to catch it. One review I read suggested THIS could be his masterpiece. Some statement.

I'm also looking forward to Mesrine: Public Enemy no1 which is out shortly.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Going to see it tomorrow night, really looking forward to it. Good scores on IMDB as you say but reviews are a little more mixed elsewhere. I rate Pitt as a n actor though and a Tarantino script is always good, may also be one of those films that gets better after a couple of views.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm going to get along to this as well.
Hoping for a return to form, after the rather rubbishy Death Proof.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Clapping is ok with me, why the hell not ?. its just a shared experience and if people want to acknowledge something being very good by clapping fair enough, infact I would encourage it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an aside, how PATHETIC is it that the trailers for it on TV just have it called "Inglorious"

:rolleyes:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Clapping is ok with me, why the hell not ?. its just a shared experience and if people want to acknowledge something being very good by clapping fair enough, infact I would encourage it.

I think the reason it feels odd is because normally when you applaud it is towards someone in your vision or directed to a person at the actual event. I cannot help thinking 'who are you actually applauding'?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They were discussing it on breakfast tv and would not tell the audience what it was called. A Basterd ( Bastard ) is infact a perfectly legitimate word in the English language. It is not a swear word at all.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
But what if Brad Pitt doesnt clap the peope in there?

Afterall WE are paying his wages andhave given up our hard earned money to watch him and he is a pro!!!

Ive heard that its a great film but not what you would expect from the director!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I think the reason it feels odd is because normally when you applaud it is towards someone in your vision or directed to a person at the actual event. I cannot help thinking 'who are you actually applauding'?

Quite.........:wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They were discussing it on breakfast tv and would not tell the audience what it was called. A Basterd ( Bastard ) is infact a perfectly legitimate word in the English language. It is not a swear word at all.

Exactly.
But I suppose our sensitive minds must be protected from such heathen prose.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

For me when I applaude a film it is when I have witnessed something a bit special. It is a statement.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why do you say that ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here