Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I should imagine Born On Christmas Day is. Clue's in the title....

Sake Staly! I meant whether St.Etienne where close enough, not whether BOCD was! Its IN then. I'm pleased about that, as I've always had a bit of a THING for Sarah Cracknell in that video, in her big fluffy snow boots!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Oh you meant whether they're indiepop enough? You don't get more indiepop than Bob Stanley....

Hopefully not whether they are geographically close - we'd really have to get our thinking caps on then, although half of Bearsuit are from Bognor, so I could name one or two. We may be trying HK's patience with this pre-talk though....

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
So we're saying Christmas songs from Sussex bands? Time to dig out the legendary 14 Iced Bears yuletide covers album?

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Or can it be from close to me, in which case I think that Bogshed are the only band from within 30 miles of where I live now? Wouldn't a Bogshed Christmas album have been a thing of beauty?

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton

Flex Your Head

Hopefully not whether they are geographically close - we'd really have to get our thinking caps on then, although half of Bearsuit are from Bognor, so I could name one or two. We may be trying HK's patience with this pre-talk though....

The (utterly fantastic) Blue Minkies were from Brighton and released the wonderfully titled "Christmas Means Nothing Without Presents" and also a cover of Mud's "Lonely This Christmas..."

Also, excitingly, they mentioned that they are looking to reunite for two gigs next summer; one in Brighton, and one elsewhere. Fingers crossed for Indietracks.

staly said:
Or can it be from close to me, in which case I think that Bogshed are the only band from within 30 miles of where I live now? Wouldn't a Bogshed Christmas album have been a thing of beauty?

Yes. Yes, it would.

Flex Your Head

OK, last couple of plugs if that's OK.... Our "Runaround" single has a video, and we've just posted it as it comes out today! (the video was done by West Stand season ticket holder Andrew Jezard too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBncC15iByA (Preview)

And I can finally also link to the B-side that some people prefer to the A-side... "With My Heart"

http://afogofideas.tumblr.com/post/...pe_map=["tumblr-feed:post"]&action_ref_map=[]

Sorry about that... back to Christmas!
Can't see any of that at work, sadly, but can't wait to check it out at home.
How did the gig on Saturday go?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
With reference to the 'Christmas Song Postings' how about as a collective we come up with a top twenty based on what we put forward. Not sure on the logistics but aim is to have our own virtual collection good enough to stand up against the dross compilations found in the supermarkets.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes. But not until December. :wrong: We could burn copies.

Quite right.

And that's a very kind offer :thumbsup:

Actually if you chaps want to get this done, I'll have to relent and let you start your nominations, or we'll never get it done before the new year! Fire away folks.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here