Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] India v England Test Series

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
276-5 looks like equivalent of 500-5 on this kind of turner.

The Indian commentators are so biased :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
04318CDD-8657-4AC4-B8A0-0935F2CE32FE.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not just India, I think if I remember correctly, England won an ashes series in Australia in the 1980's and were not given one lbw all series. Now that's technically possible, but not particularly likely.

Think it's hard to compare if honest. There's been numerous occasions down the years on the sub-continent too many to list. Today was blatant and we were all watching it on review.

Jul 20, 2003
let's see how they get out of this one

... so are the umpires cheating now, giving it out when it wasn't ... or was that some false flag psy-ops conspiracy .....

:mad::mad::mad:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Even on that one the third umpire seemed all too eager, normally third umpires spend way too long looking.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not just India, I think if I remember correctly, England won an ashes series in Australia in the 1980's and were not given one lbw all series. Now that's technically possible, but not particularly likely.

It was the 70/71 series under Illingworth.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sorry if answered before, but how come there are relatively large crowds at the Chennai match? Am I missing something here?
(there is no social distancing either from what it appears.)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

The series I'm aware of was the 1970/71 series which England won, with Jon Snow taking 20 odd wickets and England didn't get a single lbw across 6 tests and an ODI. To be fair, Australia were only given 3 over the whole series so that might have been down to a general reluctance to give people out as much as bias.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
England won’t make 200 on this, this pitch screams of trouble.

Always said Root should bowl more his overspin is beautiful.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I wonder if the ground staff sweep the wicket at end of play? There won't be a pitch left just a hole.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
England won’t make 200 on this, this pitch screams of trouble.

Always said Root should bowl more his overspin is beautiful.

If the wind gets up the wicket will blow away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well... I'd make this 60/40 an India win from here, the first hour with the new ball tomorrow might well decide this Test. We could have India all out for 330 and still be in this but if they get past the shine and Pant puts on a show it will be hard to win.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
It's turning right angles on the first day. England will have to attack with the bat. The Indian spinners will be licking their lips. If only England had at least one decent proper spinner (someone who actually turns it with some proper drift), instead of the slow bowler who hardly turns it, that county cricket produces.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's turning right angles on the first day. England will have to attack with the bat. The Indian spinners will be licking their lips. If only England had at least one decent proper spinner (someone who actually turns it with some proper drift), instead of the slow bowler who hardly turns it, that county cricket produces.

It's not county crickets fault, it's the need for pyjama cricket to pay for the existence of the game and our wickets being roads. Medium pace sultans of swing are we.

Lets face it our batsmen are usually very poor dealing with a good spin bowler. I was always taught to meet the pitch of the ball so negating any turn, our batsmen try to play off the back foot. I feel on this rubble of a wicket India could declare now and win the match by lunch.

I does have to be asked if that patch of loose soil constitutes a prepared surface for a test match. It reminds me of that West Indies pitch, not being dangerous but it takes home advantage to a new level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here