Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Independiente - Gus/Mauricio massive rumour

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Poyet's got a family here too, His son plays for England under 17's I think, he wouldn't want to disrupt his son's career whilst he's developing at the moment. I'm not saying Poyet would take his son away to Argentina, but he obviously is a massive influence on him. He wouldn't go

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Gallego won't be going there; there's been a long standing disagreement over alledged money owed to him since 2002.

It's obvious Gus hasn't been happy in England this year. He wants to go "home" and will take Mauricio with him, Im sure. Independiente is a massive club. It all adds up, now more than ever.

Bizarre

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Gallego won't be going there; there's been a long standing disagreement over alledged money owed to him since 2002.

It's obvious Gus hasn't been happy in England this year. He wants to go "home" and will take Mauricio with him, Im sure. Independiente is a massive club. It all adds up, now more than ever.

With all due respect, you are a fuckin knob.
And that's respect, imagine if I was disrespectful you fuckin knob.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yeah, I'm sure Gus wants to uproot his family for a six-month job at an unstable club with a trigger-happy board.

YBOH

Banned
May 27, 2011
Sovereign Harbour
With all due respect, you are a fuckin knob.
And that's respect, imagine if I was disrespectful you fuckin knob.

Step up. A massive massive step up. One of the world's biggest clubs. If you knew about the world you would know that. You're a small minded person. In fact, you're part of the reason he will go.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Step up. A massive massive step up. One of the world's biggest clubs. If you knew about the world you would know that. You're a small minded person. In fact, you're part of the reason he will go.

It's not though, is it? Yes they are a huge South American club, with massive support, but the Argentinian league is shite. The standard is poor, it's massively corrupt, and nobody outside South America watches it. If Gus wants to manage in the Premier League, then moving to a corrupt league miles away from the spotlight of English football would not be a very smart move.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
another steaming pile of shite

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It's not though, is it? Yes they are a huge South American club, with massive support, but the Argentinian league is shite. The standard is poor, it's massively corrupt, and nobody outside South America watches it. If Gus wants to manage in the Premier League, then moving to a corrupt league miles away from the spotlight of English football would not be a very smart move.

well written sir

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well spotted. Couldn't give it away in the end, because it's part of a package. Haven't really been since though (except Southampton just after Christmas and Newcastle in the FA Cup) and probably won't go again this season, unless we play at Wembley in the play offs. For me, it's just not worth the effort every Saturday now.

Well why not make it a 'full house' & permanently refrain from posting any more of your shite on here? I can assure you that you won't be missed.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
YBOH,

You wonder why you get the reaction you do when you post speculation
that is likely to unsettle people and pi** people off.

Hmm. You do the math.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
YBOH,

You wonder why you get the reaction you do when you post speculation
that is likely to unsettle people and pi** people off.

Hmm. You do the math.

I'm not sure YBOH's ramblings are unsettling anyone. He's either a Palace mong on a wind-up, or someone who lives in his own little fantasy world and gets off on peddling nonsensical speculative claptrap for the sake of it.

[MENTION=19654]YBOH[/MENTION] - you're harmless enough, but utterly clueless. Why not go and bother some Swindon fans, and try to convince them Di Canio is soon to be destined for Sampdoria.

Or something.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Being unfair on the OP, seems likely that they might consider Gus and a number of any other European managers.

But the problem is that even with the status of Independiente, its a risky place to ply your trade, especially when you are with a club like BHA at present.

I think Poyet would be 'out of the loop' in European football terms, and is unlikely to be recruited by any of the Premiership big boys unless he can enjoy unprecedented success there, something which seems unlikely at present.

Whether this rumour has any credibility or not, the opportunity doesn't seem to offer Poyet ultimately what he wants, a pathway to bigger and better things here in the UK or Europe, with or without BHA.

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
His dream is to manage in the Premier League, Wouldn't Brighton be his quickest route?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here