Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Independiente - Gus/Mauricio massive rumour

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Can we ban this Palace WUM? Stating a rumour is fair enough but claiming to know about Gus's 'state of mind' is clearly bullshit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Exactely. The discord that is growing between him and the owner is almost a chasm now. No doubt that Vicente is part of the "problem". I expect him to go with Gus and Mauricio. What Independiente are after is a goal scorer, they would idolise him and would pay him handsomely.

The difference is that all of these guys have a global football view. Sorry, but in global terms trying to compare Indepentiente with a Championship side is laughable. Add that to Gus's frame of mind at the moment and this all adds up.

I'm very sorry but you appear to have missed my heavy dose of sarcasm....whoosh!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Its hardly jumping ship, he would be going home.

The Premiership is a very big step up from the Championship and promotion would tell us how much money TB really has to risk with the club.

It is when you're family is very settled here. Diego won't go will he?! Gus won't ever consider going to South America if he is destined to greater things in europe now is he?!

YBOH

Banned
May 27, 2011
Sovereign Harbour
There is one must see Gully, of course – Racing.

Probably the best match day experience game in game out. With the “bonus” that La Guardia Imperial unfurl the biggest flag in the world every game.

Games against other BA sides are usually among the best and, of course, if you can make the classico v Independiente, it’s a must do.

I’m guessing that your level of Spanish is, at least, reasonable so you’ll have no trouble getting there on public transport – Avellaneda is a decent enough area to make your own way to and (assuming you’ll stay in downtown) quick and easy to get to also.

You’re right to avoid boca – a complete rip off. One thing that unites all Argentine fans is that boca are a disgrace to our game. They aren’t known as The Pigs for nothing! Stadium half empty most games, the fans who are there are mostly tourists. Just avoid it!

Have fun.
I was in Argentina a year and a half back, took in a game at River Plate which was absolutely amazing, fantastic atmosphere. Since then they have gone into a bit of a downward spiral, which resulted in relegation to the second tier, apparently it isn't as easy for a club to get back to the top division as it is here. I have just booked flights to go back to Argentina/Chile in March and April next year and am looking forward to taking in at least one game while I am out there. I will be spending time in BA at the start and end of my trip, other than Boca, can you recommend a team(s) to go and see?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
There is one must see Gully, of course – Racing.

Probably the best match day experience game in game out. With the “bonus” that La Guardia Imperial unfurl the biggest flag in the world every game.

Games against other BA sides are usually among the best and, of course, if you can make the classico v Independiente, it’s a must do.

I’m guessing that your level of Spanish is, at least, reasonable so you’ll have no trouble getting there on public transport – Avellaneda is a decent enough area to make your own way to and (assuming you’ll stay in downtown) quick and easy to get to also.

You’re right to avoid boca – a complete rip off. One thing that unites all Argentine fans is that boca are a disgrace to our game. They aren’t known as The Pigs for nothing! Stadium half empty most games, the fans who are there are mostly tourists. Just avoid it!

Have fun.

you are definitely using google translator!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is when you're family is very settled here. Diego won't go will he?! Gus won't ever consider going to South America if he is destined to greater things in europe now is he?!

Not just Diego but his elder brother who is in the middle of a degree course at Leeds University. When Tanno retired (for the first time) he went to Italy as he is half Italian, so why would he want to go to Argentina?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Not just Diego but his elder brother who is in the middle of a degree course at Leeds University. When Tanno retired (for the first time) he went to Italy as he is half Italian, so why would he want to go to Argentina?

Exactly.

And I think your signature also shows where Gus will be!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
OK, we will see.

You obviously don't realise there's a real and big world out there.

Nothing better on a Sunday evening than a pretentious no-account who goes on a jolly and thinks he's the only person who has ever crossed the water. If condescention is your stock in trade you're on a winner but if you want to be taken seriously you might want to think (and read) before you write. Start by reading all that Gus has said about his career plans and read his family profile. Then check out club rankings worldwide and manager rankings worldwide. Finish off by considering why almost without exception the best south american players have migrated to europe to develop their careers (not to mention their bank balances and standard of living). Don't worry if you can't manage all that though. You can just slip off into your private little fantasy world. I bet you're a genious on Football manager.

YBOH

Banned
May 27, 2011
Sovereign Harbour
Well spotted. Couldn't give it away in the end, because it's part of a package. Haven't really been since though (except Southampton just after Christmas and Newcastle in the FA Cup) and probably won't go again this season, unless we play at Wembley in the play offs. For me, it's just not worth the effort every Saturday now.

This is the same chap who started the "Who wants my season ticket" thread after the Palace game. . . .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is the same chap who started the "Who wants my season ticket" thread after the Palace game. . . .
Good spot. I PM'd him asking for his season ticket, but he was just talking shit. Nothing's changed then.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
what a

Plums.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he brings them a title he will be bigger than God in Avellaneda. Independiente is an institution, tather than a mere football club. Trust me, he will be going there at some point soon.

We've seen plenty of evidence that Gus is only happy at a club that is set up perfectly. Please make me a bet on the above. He will go to Spurs or Chelsea after us.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Well spotted. Couldn't give it away in the end, because it's part of a package. Haven't really been since though (except Southampton just after Christmas and Newcastle in the FA Cup) and probably won't go again this season, unless we play at Wembley in the play offs. For me, it's just not worth the effort every Saturday now.

Ahhh, you're a glory hunter then???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here