Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inception

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Going to see it at the Waterloo Imax next week. Should be good on that big old beast of a screen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh dear petal, you've got a bit confused again haven't you. Anyone can vote on IMDB; their 'Top 250' though comes only from individuals who vote regularly. Not sad people who sit there clicking 'vote', deleting their cookies and then voting again :laugh:

I'd suggest reading the opinions of professional critics instead; ROTTEN TOMATOES: Movies - New Movie Reviews and Previews!

You're welcome :thumbsup:

Patronising as well as smug and self worthy, nice combo.

You MUPPET , yes I see it is but this is a new feature and the whole list is made up of everyone who has voted and you can only vote once so what you describe does not happen. So WRONG on all counts.

:dunce:

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Seen it. Thought it was really good defiantly worth seeing, Leo is amazing and as is Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I would give it a 8/10

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It could have potentially been so good but some bits were just annoying and boring. Dicaprio was amazing, I think he is the best actor around at the moment.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have always rated Di Caprio. He is one of the top 5 actors of his generation for me.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

You MUPPET , yes I see it is but this is a new feature and the whole list is made up of everyone who has voted and you can only vote once so what you describe does not happen. So WRONG on all counts.

US, why have you spat your dummy out because someone gave a fair review of a film he has seen and you HAVE NOT? It seems a strange thing to do.

On the IMDB ratings, 9.3, Inception's current rating would make it the best film ever made (vs IMDBs top 250 no.1 Shawshank Redemption with a rating of 9.1). With only 5,123 votes this figure is currently unreliable. The film has been out for ONE day. So it's IMDB rating has yet to be moderated by non fans of the director and cast.

This is why critics opinions are more valid than the average punter, at this time anyway.

Finally to back up what Meades Ball said, why do you care what someone elses opinion is anyway? Go and see the film, and enjoy it, or not. What you don't need to do, is care what someone else thinks of the film as it is entirely irrelevant.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That site is wrong anyway, Shawshank is good but it isn't the greatest film of all time.

Agreed, but it does give you some indication. Also it US's chosen measure of how good a film is.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I didn't find it very good. Decaprio is getting slightly better in his films but the perpetual whiny look as if he is about to burst into tears at any moment which he has had on his face since Gilbert Grape grates after a while. The effects were quite good I suppose snd some of it's ideas would maybe impress a 12 year old. Nolan has made a couple of good films. The 2nd Batman film was pretty shit though.

Not really my cup of tea. Oh and US I'll save you the bother of getting upset and replying with "Nibble is only into arthouse wanky films and feels he is too good for the films that everyone else in the world enjoys and got rated on IMDB".

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Gilbert grape is one of the best films I have ever seen. And in that film he is playing a kid with a mental handicap!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I didn't find it very good. Decaprio is getting slightly better in his films but the perpetual whiny look as if he is about to burst into tears at any moment which he has had on his face since Gilbert Grape grates after a while. The effects were quite good I suppose snd some of it's ideas would maybe impress a 12 year old. Nolan has made a couple of good films. The 2nd Batman film was pretty shit though.

Not really my cup of tea. Oh and US I'll save you the bother of getting upset and replying with "Nibble is only into arthouse wanky films and feels he is too good for the films that everyone else in the world enjoys and got rated on IMDB".

You lost the plot after saying the Dark Knight was pretty shit. All credibility as a serious film reviewer was gone then I am afraid.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Gilbert grape is one of the best films I have ever seen. And in that film he is playing a kid with a mental handicap!

He was superb in that. in my opinio the guy cannot pull off (ooh err) a leading man role.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
and Blood Diamond.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

US I dont actually think you get what jcd is saying here and tbh you are making a bit of a fool of yourself

His original review was prefectly sensible and reasonable, yet all you have done nothing but abuse his opinion on a film you have not even seen yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here