Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inception

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I do plan to see it tomorrow, but i am not overly excited by the idea of it. Nolan's made a couple of high class films in his time and of course his output has been mostly successful, but he seems to be making things more of a spectacle and losing sight of mystery itself. If, due to his rightfully-gained place as the guaranteur of financial richness of all he makes, he keeps making more larger and louder explosions on screen for the 12a and 15 market then i'll grow more disinterested. I was rather bored for long spells in Dark Knight. Thank god for the mercilessness of the Joker to keep that film going at all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Machinist is his finest film.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I do plan to see it tomorrow, but i am not overly excited by the idea of it. Nolan's made a couple of high class films in his time and of course his output has been mostly successful, but he seems to be making things more of a spectacle and losing sight of mystery itself. If, due to his rightfully-gained place as the guaranteur of financial richness of all he makes, he keeps making more larger and louder explosions on screen for the 12a and 15 market then i'll grow more disinterested. I was rather bored for long spells in Dark Knight. Thank god for the mercilessness of the Joker to keep that film going at all.

Agree - but The Dark Knight is a much better movie; in no small part due to Heath Ledger.

Fortunately for Inception they found a lookalike:

heath.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats actually a mistke as it should read 9.3 and not 8.3. It will be corrected. Nice try to be smug and clever but an epic FAIL. Try again.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Spiels, you can still look forward to seeing something even when someone other than you has already seen it and didn't like it as much as you think you will. Be excited still.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

As is the current fashion on NSC, 'this'.

Seeing it later on today. I'm no film afficionado, but will let you know what I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here