Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lest we forget

Goldstone1.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
West Ham in 1979

Got into the ground at 1:45...looked at the Northstand from the east Terrace....saw a group of about 100 standing right in the middle. Thought "strange". Brighton fans started arriving....stand fills up...bang...we are eeeevvilllll chant comes up....everyone scatters.

Birmingham City....1982 ish.........10 minutes to go...some brain dead steward opens the gate between the Lego Stand and the West Stand...Birmingham fans break in and start twatting people ....chaos.

Tottenham ( 1979 ish) we won 3-1 mass riots all over the ground. Victory was sweet.

Anyone remember Gotsmanovs goal where he took it round the keeper, raised his hands in celebration and lashed the ball into the south stand goal.......marvellously nostalgic scenes

Thanks, I realised it when I read the message back but it was too late...............

So to appease, and esp for people who wanted a pic of a full Goldstone, here's the very wonderful first leg play-off gam v Millwall in 91.

Attachments

• brighton__hove_albion_0596.jpeg
    brighton__hove_albion_0596.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 129

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Excellent scenes. Happy days.
Amazing how the actions of a few greedy twats is allowed to spoil the enjoyment of thousands of supporters.
:censored: :tosser: :censored:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That Wilkins freekick......................v Bristol Rovers promotion day....................season tickets well under £100....................Hans Kray bouncing on the goal line...........................the protests.......................smell of cigar smoke standing in the north west terrace......................terraces......................big away crowds..................staying dry in the rain.......................England v Italy B International (with Gazza playing)..................the 4-1 playoff semi.......................

All gone but never forgotton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
Brighton 3 Millwall 2

2-0 down.......we scored three ( Steve Piper a couple ?) and the Millwall nutters running all over the ground...

marvellous scenes

My memory of that game is the Millwall fans in balaclavas/surgical masks in the North Stand and Mullery sending the team back out about 2 mins after the 1st half ended. They had to hang around on the pitch for 10 mins waiting for Millwall to come back out. Masterstroke by Mullery as we pulled the two goals back very quickly and the winner didn't go down too well with the Millwall nutters :ohmy:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Brilliant photos, brilliant memories, feel so sad.:(

The Millwall game,,, Wasn't that just after a BBC Panorama investigation into their notorious F-troop hooligans.

They weren't only in the North Stand in their trademark blue balaclavas, they were also in the West Stand terracing, and it kicked off everywhere believe me.

Nad as for the Wardy pic, yup we're playing Charlton in the rain and I believe that Jeff Wood was in goal for them that day....

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
bobbyzee said:
also the 2-0 fa cup win over bournemouth with about 18,000 crowd..
the headline in the arsegus said it all....
" Northstanders go wild"
...and we did!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

can remember going to a fa cup game against bournmouth that we won 2.0 and there was 14thousand and something there.
my biggest remembered day out at the goldstone would have to be either last game against york abandoned after 26 mins or last game against doncaster. still have the little enamel badge with brighton and doncaster club crest upon it and the ground in the middle. just looking for myself on the photo of people running onto the pitch from the north stand. i can spot a mate but not me.
did not realise it was 7 years today until reading this thread. and the 1st post on it had tears in my eyes.
i didn't even go there that much only about ten times. but it was still a legendary home, almost mythical in my case. but even the name of the place sounds brilliant. THE GOLDSTONE GROUND. R.I.P.
still have the 7" record from 83 cup final. the goldstone rap brings fond memories.

Arsenal in August 1979.

28,000 crammed in to see the mighty stripes debut in Division 1 against the legendary Arsenal.

OK so we got gubbed 4-0 but this was the big league, the First Division,WE'D ARRIVED

this mean we'd be the first game on Match of the Day rather than the third "regional" highlight on The Big Match.

great days indeed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We shaln not forget - however a new era is very close

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here