Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In all serious - what happens to Hawkins now?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well, he was excellent there against Leeds. Certainly didn't notice him getting run ragged at the weekend, and he not only attacks more than Whing but also delivers a better crossfield ball. Fine at RB as far as I can see.

At last somebody talking some sense about what actually happened in the game against Hartlepool. Late on in the game their left winger took him on a couple of times going past him and Elphick as if they didnt exist, the first time after that him and the ball went over for a throw each time.

I think that MA will continue with Virgo at right back unless he decides Hinsh needs a rest.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, he was excellent there against Leeds. Certainly didn't notice him getting run ragged at the weekend, and he not only attacks more than Whing but also delivers a better crossfield ball. Fine at RB as far as I can see.

He did okay against Leeds, but he had a really poor game on Saturday. If you fail to see that you're really not watching. And he doesnt attack more than Whing, and nor is his distribution very good. Not fine at all.

At last somebody talking some sense about what actually happened in the game against Hartlepool. Late on in the game their left winger took him on a couple of times going past him and Elphick as if they didnt exist, the first time after that him and the ball went over for a throw each time.

I think that MA will continue with Virgo at right back unless he decides Hinsh needs a rest.

When you say 'at last someone talking sense' of course, you actually mean 'at last someone agreeing with ME', of course. The two things are not the same.

And you may well be right, that Adams will persevere with him at RB ahead of Whing. But that proves nothing, except that Adams has his favourites, and is quite prepared to hinder the team's chances of winning, by shoe-horning them in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The reason for my statement of somebody talking sense is basically because most on here seem to have jumped on the band wagon that Whing is some football genius and a better full back than Virgo. If people watched the game they would see that the Whing and Elphick combination has been responsible for the majority of goals that we have conceeded with neither one cobvering the other. Virgo playing at right back enables Elphick to cover him and for him to cover Elphick which makes us a better defensive unit.

In fairness to Whing he has been better playing at left back because he been covered on the ground by Hinsh and vice versa which has not left us so exposed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Argus are suggesting Elphick will be rested to avoid another booking and automatic sspension for the Luton game. That puts Virgo in at centre back.

After that who knows?

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
and Virgo's distribution is poor from right back, he always seems to hit the ball too long. And Whingy is becoming a legend...

Personally, I would rest Elphick.

PG

You would rest Elphick instead of binning off Hinshelwood ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
:clap2:

I had to of course say something on a thread about Hawkins!

I agree with you, he was really good for us at the start of the season, however due to injury, being brought back too early and people abusing him it has ruined him as a player here and shattered his confidence.

Good to see you have managed to blame the fans, as usual.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
You would rest Elphick instead of binning off Hinshelwood ?
Virgo is a better 'dominant' CB who attacks the ball. Hinsh is less error prone (OG is the exception that proves the rule). The more he plays the better he is reading the game - witness Leicester.
I am a fan of Tommy's bravery, commitment, attitude but he tends to make 1 horrendous mistake per game (often ending up on his bottom) and has me holding my breath.
Nice to have a real choice! El Abd has rarely let us down at CB too.
PG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to somebody on the comments part of the Kilkenny link Whing wants to move back north, well probably means nearer to the midlands, where he comes from. Is he out of contract in the summer possibly Walsall, Northampton even MK Dons or Luton all less than an hour from Coventry/Birmingham.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Good to see you have managed to blame the fans, as usual.

Somebody else said a similiar thing, saying the fans should get off his back, do you want to quote this as well? No because you've got a habbit of quoting mine a lot, which I find sweet. I said there were three factors that contributed to Hawkins' lack of confidence which ultimately affects his performences.

I don't blame the fans (I blame some), which you've said before, I am making an observation as to why he hasn't been as good as he was at the beginning of the season, and the fans don't help.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Somebody else said a similiar thing, saying the fans should get off his back, do you want to quote this as well? No because you've got a habbit of quoting mine a lot, which I find sweet. I said there were three factors that contributed to Hawkins' lack of confidence which ultimately affects his performences.

I don't blame the fans (I blame some), which you've said before, I am making an observation as to why he hasn't been as good as he was at the beginning of the season, and the fans don't help.

He never was good. He never has been good. He's a big man and should wake up to the fact he isn't good enough to play for our football club.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well in answer to the question...they shoot horses don't they?

Or at least put them out to pasture...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here