Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Im not homophobic,BUT..........

D

Deleted User X18H

Safeway said:
What's wrong with working in Brighton? Not good enough for you?
Have you seen the average salary in Brighton

hove born&bred said:
spent a lot of time on Hilton Head Island South Carolina

In the American Deep South? :lolol: Klan convention, was it? Bring me back some Confederate flags when you next go!

D

Deleted User X18H

Well thanks everyone for killing that hour when the sun was at its hottest for me, I going back in the garden now with Mrs Hove BB and I expect the gay couple next door will pass us over a glass of pimms ooh Wolves have a penalty............. scored 2-1

Last edited:

When I first came to Brighton (in 1966), male homosexuality was still illegal. There were people I got to know (from drinking in pubs with them) who had spent years living in fear of exposure and public humiliation for no more reason than the fact that they were in a stable relationship.

Thankfully, even then, Brighton was a mainly tolerant community. My landlord ran a guest house in Kemp Town, which he used to advertise as being "in the heart of Brighton's theatrical community". Nudge, nudge. But, for all that, there was a fair deal of intolerance around as well.

Four decades on, I am delighted to see that attitudes have moved on. There is plenty to celebrate. And "Pride" is a word that sums it up.

hove born&bred said:
Have you seen the average salary in Brighton

Yes, it is very poor.

I'll tell you what the problem is, it's all these bloody Londoners moving down here and commuting to their jobs in the City. To them, Brighton property prices are very reasonable and because they're still working in London they can easily afford it. Unfortunately that leaves us locals having to work for Brighton wages but pay what are getting on for London prices.

Shit, I'm beginning to sound like you now! It's annoying, yes, but it's the price you pay for living in one of the country's best cities.

D

Deleted User X18H

Lord Bracknell said:
When I first came to Brighton (in 1966), male homosexuality was still illegal. There were people I got to know (from drinking in pubs with them) who had spent years living in fear of exposure and public humiliation for no more reason than the fact that they were in a stable relationship.

Thankfully, even then, Brighton was a mainly tolerant community. My landlord ran a guest house in Kemp Town, which he used to advertise as being "in the heart of Brighton's theatrical community". Nudge, nudge. But, for all that, there was a fair deal of intolerance around as well.

Four decades on, I am delighted to see that attitudes have moved on. There is plenty to celebrate. And "Pride" is a word that sums it up.
I enjoyed sitting next to you and Ros yesteday Lord B you thought Currie was up to much at Lewes
and where those fools sitting to our right being extremely obnoxious (sic)

D

Deleted User X18H

Safeway said:
Yes, it is very poor.

I'll tell you what the problem is, it's all these bloody Londoners moving down here and commuting to their jobs in the City. To them, Brighton property prices are very reasonable and because they're still working in London they can easily afford it. Unfortunately that leaves us locals having to work for Brighton wages but pay what are getting on for London prices.

Shit, I'm beginning to sound like you now! It's annoying, yes, but it's the price you pay for living in one of the country's best cities.
But the prices arn't so attractive now as they are comparible with some London Boroughs.. any how Mrs Hove bb
is calling from the Garden............................

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Telscombe Seagull said:
not being funny but if your against this kind of thing then why live in brighton?????

Brighton has been the capital for this kind of thing for a LOT longer than people realise, and certainly a lot longer than any of us have been alive (unless you fought in the great war!)

if you don't like it the piss off, and no i'm not gay.

Good point. Brighton's full of tossers anyway but can you imgaine how many would be here if wasn't for the gay community?

Think of all those numbskulls in south London who'd migrate to our buzzing seaside city if it wasn't full of gays?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Most gays I've met are intelligent, civilised, loving human beings. Far nicer people than your average Joe hetero in my experience.

hove born&bred said:
I enjoyed sitting next to you and Ros yesteday Lord B you thought Currie was up to much at Lewes
and where those fools sitting to our right being extremely obnoxious (sic)
aaaaaggggghhhhhh ...

I didn't realise who you were.

I think substance consumption explained a lot about our neighbours. Or maybe their chant of "Skin Up for the Albion" wasn't intended to be taken seriously?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
When I first came to Brighton (in 1966), male homosexuality was still illegal.

Harold Wilson made it legal, I am considering emigrating before Tony Bliar makes it compulsory. But he will probably have to get permission from George Bush before he does it.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I wished a gay person happy pride day yesterday. He said all that was far too camp for him. I can respect that.

Don't really like walking into town with lots of men in thongs around.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Sonic said:
I'm Brighton born and bred and certainly have no problem at all with the Pride carnival/day. I also live near Preston Park and you don't hear me moaning.

You live in Farnham.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Im not homophobic,BUT..........

hove born&bred said:
Rubbish !!!!!!!!! all true Brightonians and Hovonians with a family history in the conurbation are fed up with it. By this I don't mean
the tossers who haved recently moved down 'as its so cosmo for sure'

Codswallop

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Straight Pride?

WHat the f*** are some of you on about?

Since when do straight people get their heads kicked in for fancying the opposite sex. Do straight people get called disgusting for their sexual preferences?

Can't you get your head around why they have an event called 'Pride'?

Then there's the 'I've got no problem with it but why do they have to flaunt it'?
well does that mean we have to get rid of the hundreds of mens mags out there? Ads and music full of scantily clad women? the NSC most beautiful women thread?

We spend all the time happily expressing our sexuality, I suspect Gay people would like to be able to do the same.

Little thing called fairness.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
alan partridge said:

Then there's the 'I've got no problem with it but why do they have to flaunt it'?
well does that mean we have to get rid of the hundreds of mens mags out there? Ads and music full of scantily clad women? the NSC most beautiful women thread?

That's not a bad idea ;)

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
alan partridge said:
Straight Pride?

WHat the f*** are some of you on about?

Since when do straight people get their heads kicked in for fancying the opposite sex.
If some bastard tried it on with my missus they would.:angry: :lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Looking through was interesting and for people to say if you don't like it move out mmmmm.
Fact is 97% are not born and bred brighton people,so i would suggest the straights have a bloody fair argument end of.

Rather they all shot off to another town or city:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here