Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to stick my long neck on the line - England to win Euro 2012

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They want people to be realistic and manage expectation. Think we have it sussed on here, expectation is back home as quick as poss so we can all talk more about Ferdinand.
The funniest thing is people saying "oh we've got low expectations so maybe we'll go and win it", the Alan Shearer position I call it, I don't think they've quite understood the meaning of low expectations.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
This is the worst squad we have ever sent to a tournament. I don't actually think we will score. France I think will go all the way and will beat the Germams In the final.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We haven't failed in previous tournaments because of 'unrealistically high expectations.' We've failed because we've been crap - no settled pattern of play, tired players, lack of intelligence in sussing out opponents' weaknesses as a game develops and making changes that exploit them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This daft idea that we might just have a chance will be quashed once France have spanked us 3-0 on Monday. Owing to a couple of questionable picks, Rooney's muppetry in qualifying and Terry and Ferdinand's all round wankiness, we haven't even been able to pick our best squad.

There is more chance of England finishing with the worst record in the tournament than us finishing beyond the first knockout round. Personally, I think the RUSKIES are going to win it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Only three pages. I expected more!! :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This daft idea that we might just have a chance will be quashed once France have spanked us 3-0 on Monday. Owing to a couple of questionable picks, Rooney's muppetry in qualifying and Terry and Ferdinand's all round wankiness, we haven't even been able to pick our best squad.
Also injuries and racial tensions...

I think France will make the final, against probably Germany, though I can't quite make my mind up on Spain. They do sort of have the feel of Barcelona about them, a stunning team who have hit their (incredibly high) peak and started to come down the other side. Also the possible reappearance of old rifts given how ugly the Barcelona-Madrid games have become in the Mourinho era. No one has ever won three tournaments in a row. But I've got a sneaking feeling Torres will do well, and they still have amazing quality.

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm gonna stick my head on the line and say you're obviously crazy in the brain!

I do admire your optimism though, it's no doubt similar to the false optimism Ian Dowie must have to install in himself before going out on the pull, hope but no expectations.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i like the fact there isn't any expectation...

Id rather roy didnt take the likes of terry and did take richards...

however i reckon we'll go out in the quarters... poss win our group...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I know I will be slaughtered but unlike everyone else I think we have a real chance.

The team is more together than I have ever seen them before and regardless of talent I think that is worth a lot.

Flame away!!!!! :)

nice knowing you mate

guillotine.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For each mocking post I get more confident.

I do believe that most of you have little knowledge of international football and that a strategy such as the one that Roy has adopted in the last two games is exactly what wins international tournament football matches.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
a strategy such as the one that Roy has adopted in the last two games is exactly what wins international tournament football matches.

Which strategy is this? Roy plays a dull unimaginative and inflexible 442 which most of the world's best nations gave up decades ago.

Stumpy Tim

There is more chance of England finishing with the worst record in the tournament than us finishing beyond the first knockout round. Personally, I think the RUSKIES are going to win it.

I'm not sure Ferdinand can be blamed for HATING John Terry. We all do that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Which strategy is this? Roy plays a dull unimaginative and inflexible 442 which most of the world's best nations gave up decades ago.

Playing not to lose rather than to win is something the Italians, Germany, Argentina and to a lesser extent, Spain, have been doing for years.

Last edited:

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Both the German and the Dutch guys that I work with also think England will win this one. "Winning matches one nil wins tournaments." according to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here