Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to stick my long neck on the line - England to win Euro 2012

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I know I will be slaughtered but unlike everyone else I think we have a real chance.

The team is more together than I have ever seen them before and regardless of talent I think that is worth a lot.

Flame away!!!!! :)

I think we will make the semi finals or even finals at a push but wont win. I dont think we are anywhere near as good as some of the teams of the past but just have this feeling that the results may go our way.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I certainly feel more positive than I have in previous tournos and I had no hope of this 6 months ago. Got a feeling Carrol will step up in a big way.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't really have any expectations, just going to enjoy the ride. I do think that playing as a team, without relying on a load of individual stars, could work in our favour though. Everyone goes on about how crap our team is, but I still think a lot of our poorer players are no poorer than the other non-fancied nations. You often see weaker sides work well as a team, have one or two individuals who can magic something up and do okay. It's always very fine margins in major international tournaments and there's no reason why with a good solid team and a bit of luck we couldn't do well.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
The bulk of the responses on page 1 is the type of attitude which could just possibly play into England's hands. No hope equals no pressure. Still not stopping the serpents of the press trying to activate the self destruct button right before the start of a tournament. Cheap, pathetic, clueless journalism & if the Euros does go tits up well they did say so. F**k that!! Come on England!!!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I really think we have a good chance. It wont be pretty but i can't see us conceding many goals. I think we will make it to the semi's at least

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Italy for me, laugh all you like but they have a very good squad now, watch this space.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I really think we have a good chance. It wont be pretty but i can't see us conceding many goals. I think we will make it to the semi's at least

my thoughts exactly, hard to beat, well organised, bit like fulham when they almost won the europa cup.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
my thoughts exactly, hard to beat, well organised, bit like fulham when they almost won the europa cup.
People comparing England's last two performances to that Fulham side are doing Fulham a great disservice.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The bulk of the responses on page 1 is the type of attitude which could just possibly play into England's hands. No hope equals no pressure. Still not stopping the serpents of the press trying to activate the self destruct button right before the start of a tournament. Cheap, pathetic, clueless journalism & if the Euros does go tits up well they did say so. F**k that!! Come on England!!!

The press in this cuntry never fail to depress. Buils the players up and then.............................................shoot them down in flames. Imagine the fun they would have with the OP

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
This is not a judgement either way on what you said, but all I'll say is that it's the first tournament in a long time that there are no expectations. And something that actually resembles a strategy.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm looking forward to the tournament as a whole but ready to jump on the England bandwagon. I do fear we are going to get a hiding from the French though. I mean, like a 5-0 hiding.

So, expectations low is an understatement for me.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I'm looking forward to the tournament as a whole but ready to jump on the England bandwagon. I do fear we are going to get a hiding from the French though. I mean, like a 5-0 hiding.

So, expectations low is an understatement for me.

We will win every group game 1-0 :thumbsup:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
They want people to be realistic and manage expectation. Think we have it sussed on here, expectation is back home as quick as poss so we can all talk more about Ferdinand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here