Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to stick my long neck on the line - England to win Euro 2012

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know I will be slaughtered but unlike everyone else I think we have a real chance.

The team is more together than I have ever seen them before and regardless of talent I think that is worth a lot.

Flame away!!!!! :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Togetherness on our part is one thing....just need Spain, Germany and the Netherlands to all completely cock up and we might have half a shot. :thumbsup:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
can i have some of what you are on please

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Well, Greece won it in 2004. I'd put us winning this time round as being roughly on a par with that for shock value.

Stumpy Tim

Well, Greece won it in 2004. I'd put us winning this time round as being roughly on a par with that for shock value.

And don't forget Denmark won it when they didn't even properly qualify. The one thing England has in their favour is the total lack of expectation. That's what makes it interesting. I also think a midfield of Parker and Gerrard is nicely balanced, especially when Rooney is back to play in the hole - I just hope we've done enough against France and Sweden to be in with a shout of qualifying

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No way in hell, delete the thread to save further embarrassment! We lose to France so we have to win 2 loseable games to even make it out of the group stage.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
we are starting to play like the germans do, hard to beat, and work as a team. no bad thing in my humble opinion!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I wishi could share the op's enthusiasm!

D

Deleted member 18477

Football is a funny old game and you just never know...

But if we're 'more together' what does that make Spain and Germany? More Together x 10?

We will only have a chance if those 2 buckle under the pressure of being favourites. Spain nearly did in 2010 and if it wasnt for Robben aka 'mr bottler' aka 'I miss glorious chances in major finals' then the Dutch would be world champions.

...and that's if we even make it out the group. France will beat us, Sweden are unpredictable and Ukraine in Ukraine? Christ tough one!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

I remember watching the Greece games in the knock out stages and there was a strange inevitability that they would win it. Wasn't particularly shocking, at least not from how each game was panning out. Apart from Russia in the group stages, whoever Greece played found themselves playing the kind of game the Greeks wanted them to play (with plenty of possession but not much space). It was stirring to watch.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
we are starting to play like the germans do, hard to beat, and work as a team. no bad thing in my humble opinion!

A couple of 1-0s where we've lost concentration and gone off the boil in the second half does not mean we've started playing as well as the German national team down the years...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know I will be slaughtered but unlike everyone else I think we have a real chance.

The team is more together than I have ever seen them before and regardless of talent I think that is worth a lot.

Flame away!!!!! :)

Are you still off your tits from the Fatboy gigs?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here