Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to buy a Motorola RAZR - is this a MISTAKE ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bluejuice said:
Don't get me wrong Easy, different horses for different courses and all that. If all you want is a simple enough phone that's really light and neat then yeah it is a good handset.

The problem is if you're a heavy user, as I fear I am, you'll start to get frustrated with it.

Don't let me put you off though, I'm sure you will get on fine with it so long as you aren't looking to take advantage of features like Bluetooth compatibility or predictive text
I'm not what you'd describe as a "heavy user" really. Just a bit podgy.
I'm on pay-as-you-go. I don't bother with a contract, cos I sit within 2 ft of a telephone all day at work. I pay £10 per month for a top-up, that gives me 300 texts per month, and I rarely use that lot up. I have also taken the LIBERTY of trying out my workmates predictive text on his V3, and found it was perfectly acceptable (certainly no worse than my current Samsung). And I'm not that bothered about bluetooth either. If it works, great. If it doesn't, meh.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I need a new phone too as my one's had it (siemens a50). Had it ages.

Must be pay as you go and must be pretty cheap!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The problem with the Razr is they are very fragile and they have a very small memory.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
got one it's not that bad but i'm not fussed by the camera. Few people i know have had one and it has broke quite easily.
Looks bloody good tho which is what i want from a phone

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Nokia N80.

With 1GB miniSD card an mp3 player as well + radio.

3MP camera.

And its got WiFi.

And runs mini-google maps.

And....

And...

:wave:

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ditto above,esp the pumpkin colour one my wife has,i have a black one,think its the best looking phone ive had and does the job

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
went in carphone warehouse today to get stuck behind a chap getting really irate and calling carphone warehouse all the names under the sun cos his phone was absolutely buggered.......

Guess what it was a RAZR V3i (In shaocking pink)
:ohmy:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
The problem with the Razr is they are very fragile and they have a very small memory.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
can't go wrong with one of these - may look a bit of a nob trying to get it in your back pocket tho....

Attachments

• r2 phone.jpg
    r2 phone.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 76

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've got one, very good but battery life very poor.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Get the Nokia N91. 4Gb hard drive (I've got 60 MP3 albums on mine), 2 megapixel camera, Wi-Fi, Video calling, etc etc...

I had a v3 and I sent it back after 2 weeks cos it is absolutely f***ing SHITE. I vowed a long time ago never to get another Motorola phone as they are always the most unuser friendly things on the market.

I now have a Nokia N80 with a 2GB card, which is pretty good. I can also endorse the Sony Ericcson K750i, which may not set you back too much now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here